ESPN HD on Comcast in San Jose, CA

Username: Conegak

Campbell, CA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony HDTV with DCR and simply by connecting the existing cable the TV has found just about every HD channel Comcast offers in my area. It even gets a found a few channels that my Comcast box didn't pick up.

Unfortunately I still can't find ESPN HD. All of the channels are numbered differently than on the box (all of mine are decimal versions of other channels).

Any other people have any luck locating ESPN HD without the Comcast box?

fx
Unregistered guest
It is scrambled in some Comcast systems. If is in yours you will need either an STB or cablecard and a subscription from Comcast.

xvxvxvx

Username: Conegak

Campbell, CA USA

Post Number: 2
I was afraid that may be the case. What I don't understand is how my TV picks up channels that my box doesn't (HDnet, occasional HBO).

NGD
Unregistered guest
Need some advice, an employee at work is trying to sell a rear-projection HD-Ready Toshiba 62" Television. It is 4-years old and the asking price is $600. I need to purchase a new television, but am not very familiar with big screens and their average life span. The price seems like a good deal to me given the sticker shock that I've been experiencing looking at new ones.

Bronze Member
Username: Avernus

Post Number: 30
a 4 year old 62" TV isn't worth it...

I'd rather go with an HDTV that's 30" that has HDMI and whatnot for 2-400 more...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us