Looking for dual tuner DVR w/hard drive

Username: Kew

Post Number: 1
Was searching for info on dual tuners but need help finding a DVD Recorder with dual tuners and w/hard drive like the Sony RDR-HX900. I want to be able to record 2 CATV channels at the same time and store on the DVR's hard drive. Anyone knows of such a beast on the market ? I do not have a cable box, just coax to my existing VCR and need to replace with a dual tuner DVR. thx.

Unregistered guest
Have TiVO DVR and want to record to DVD. Will any standard DVD recorder work? Any recommendations on what DVD recorder to buy and how to hook it up?

Thanks

Username: Gi58

Florida USA

Post Number: 10
Ed,

You never heard of Google?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dual+tuner+DVR

smax
Unregistered guest
hey guy
i'm also looking for a dual tuner dvr since my cable company won't provide one. and yes, we've heard of google, but that type of search leads to set-top boxes that the cable companies use. how about a regular consumer dual tuner dvr box? the manufacturers (motorola and scientific atlanta) will not sell direct, only to cable companies.
you can find them on ebay but they're not plug and play. anyone know how to use them with your cable?

fx
Unregistered guest
No aftermarket dual tuner digital cable box will ever work on your cable network. That is why Satellite becomes your next best choice.

xvxvxvx

Anonymous

The Panasonic DMR's work for the analog channels of Comcast. You can watch a channel while recording another one. You can play back a recording while recording another. Is that what you meant by dual tuner?

fx
Unregistered guest
"The Panasonic DMR's work for the analog channels of Comcast. You can watch a channel while recording another one. You can play back a recording while recording another. Is that what you meant by dual tuner?

No he meant a PVR with a dual tuner, not a DVD recorder with a HDD and a single analog tuner which is what all DVD recorders with a hard drive have.

As I said not with your cable company if in fact your initial post was accurate. First of all suppose you owned one yourself (which would be a stolen box if you are in the US) and next just suppose you had a magic wand that would get it recognized and surhorized by your cable company, then it still would not work since all the DVR recording and playback functions are determined by a software download from the cable company headend. Since they will not provide one that can only mean they are not yet equipped to perform the PVR capapabilities.

In other words like I said in a previous post, NO.

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
fx, get a life. These people are looking for help not a not-it-all. For those of you who are looking for a device to record TV shows and or recording other video sources, I can tell you that there is not much out there yet. However, The Headend at your cable company may send the software to your device that is not stolen, motorola has an ftp site that allows you to download the software if your unit has a USB port or Ethernet port on it. If you are looking for a all-in-one device with a remote control (like me), All that I have found that is cost effective is using your computer system with a few add-on's. By adding a HD TV Single or Dual tuner to your computer you can use your computer as a media center with or without buying Windows Media center software. You can also convert the VGA signal from your computer and connect it to your HD Video source if the video adapter does not have the DVI-D on it. It works great and you can also Map out other drives to store your DVD movies on. For any help, I will greatly help anyone FREE. mark@c-ielectrical.com for my advise for what it is worth. FX I am not bashing you, I just wish that you would help people since you appear to be a very smart person. Merry Christmas To all. Mark Perrin Jonesboro Arkkansas

fx
Unregistered guest
Mark,

I am helping them with honest and correct answers. Just because you or they don't like the answer doesn't mean I have not helped.

Now you wasting time dragging up a two month old post, this is by definition not helpful.

xvxvxvx

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us