OJ Simpson Told to Pay DirecTV $25G, Fees

LK
Unregistered guest
OJ vs DirecTV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today: July 27, 2005 at 8:10:22 PDT

By DENISE KALETTE
ASSOCIATED PRESS

MIAMI (AP) - A federal judge has ordered former football star O.J. Simpson to pay $25,000 in damages for pirating satellite television signals from DirecTV.

U.S. District Judge Joan Lenard awarded the damages, plus attorneys' fees and other costs, after granting a motion for summary judgment in a civil suit against Simpson.

In a raid on Simpson's Miami home in 2001, federal agents seized illegal devices known as "bootloaders" that authorities said were used to steal television programming.

Simpson's attorney, Yale Galanter, said Tuesday that the judge "basically denied us our right to a jury trial. ... This was a decision made by a judge in chambers. They say he did it; we say he didn't. A jury should be able to make that decision."

Simpson was aware of Friday's ruling, Galanter added. Asked whether Simpson would pay the damages and other costs, the attorney said: "We are examining our legal options. ... We want our day in court."

Galanter has 10 days to respond, or the summary judgment stands.

DirecTV executives were pleased with the ruling.

"The evidence was overwhelming since the devices seized in Simpson's home were connected to his TV and in operation and receiving unauthorized signals at the time of the raid," said Dan Fawcett, an executive vice president with El Segundo, Calif.-based DirecTV Inc.

Simpson moved to Florida from California after he was acquitted of murder charges in the 1994 stabbing deaths of his wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman.

A civil jury in 1997 held Simpson liable for the killings and ordered him to pay the victims' survivors $33.5 million. Much of that judgment remains unpaid.

U better watch out !!
Unregistered guest
.....its easier to get away with murder than fron Dave's wrath

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 222
Daves day will come. Remember dave is doing it to himself. The satelite industry has been playing the game with them selves for years. EX. dave changes cards dishnet hack and releases hack. Dishnet releases card dave hacks it and releases the hack. This game is the oldest game around. The problem is with us we figured out there game and we play both side and now they hate it and come after the people for playing.Dave is the bigest player in this game and he will get what is coming to him. He will get caught soon and the world will know what is going on and he will be toast.

********B_I_R_D***********
Unregistered guest
-COLIN-Forget about Dave....If U want Dave that
bad we can fix him!....Iam holding the
hack for the P4-P5 cards....We get Dave
where it hurts in his pocket book....Iam
and willing to get together with U, LK,
Bill and a few other only if LK want to...
So Colin now is the time to move on this
we all can make money...but it must be
done right this time, and no screwing
each other....When we get together we are
going to have a brotherhood and if someone
screws on brother he screw us all and then
we will take care of him....We all will
have lots of money...Lets meet Colin
A.S.A.P...

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 228
Bird I will meet you. The problem is i can't drive right now because I broke my ankle and can't drive for another month. But if you would like to meet in a nutral location I can meet you in pickering or ajaxs or oshawa at a bar or coffee shop to see the hack. You just pick time date and place.

Anonymous

I thought there was no hack to direct tv, so how in the world OJ was pirating signal from them.

sIasher
Unregistered guest
thats cus OJ is loaded

LK
Unregistered guest
In a raid on Simpson's Miami home in 2001, federal agents seized illegal devices known as "bootloaders" that authorities said were used to steal television programming.

2001 raid...DTV was hacked until April 2004!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us