TH-42PD50U by Panasonic HELP!!!

Username: Joeyogo

Jersey CIty, NJ USA

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone!

I just purchased my first Plasma TV a Panasonic TH-42PD50U.

I had been doing some research before I bought this TV. I looked at the Hyndai 42" (HPT-4250H) which Walmart has been advertising, but felt a little worry, Hyundai doesn't make the best cars out there.

I visited 6 different electronic stores in my area, and I kept noticing that all the retailers had the Panasonic TH-42PD50U. For some reason, this TV when compared to other TVs (EDTV & HDTV) the image appear to be clearer, brighter and sharper. Maybe it was my eyes, but I saw the same TV in 6 stores placed side by side with other TV's and this one seem to have the better image.

Since I am new to the plasma world, I am wondering what I need to receive the high quality images that I was seeing at the store. I took the TV home and connected my Dish Network receiver and then the regular cable and the image quality was very poor. Before I left the store where I purchased my TV they tested the TV by plugging the component cables in the back and the image looked great. What do I need to get the high quality picture that I was seeing at the store at home? Do I need to purchase a Set-Top box?

Thanks

Joe

Anonymous

Does this tv have tuner built in?
if it does, hook up a antena and try some local HD channel, you will know what is the cause of poor image.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
This panasonic have one of the best low resolution PQ out there, {your eyes aren't playing tricks with you.} It has an integrated ATSC tuner, just connect an antenna, do a channel surf and presto you're set with local digital channels. For better quality from satellite, you'll need to purchase a high resolution receiver like DISH Network's 811.

One important thing with this TV and all the other consumer Panasonics is they do not have screen saver features, once the TV has found all the local digital channels in your area you will not be able to strech the 4:3 aspect ratio from some digital channels that display their signal in 720p and 1080i with Black bars or graphics on the sides like NBC-HD., The Panasonic locks the aspect ratio to 4:3 and you cannot change it., this mean burn-in will be an issue with it.

Unregistered guest
I need help with my Panasonic TH-50PX25. The factory has not been any help. The unit will lose all video and sound on every channel (both cable and antenna) for a couple of minutes and then return to normal. The on screen display still displays the channel info but there is no video. Turning the unit off and then back on does not clear the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us