New Access Cards from Direct TV

Username: Homers

Post Number: 1
I received a set of new receiver access cards from Direct TV and was told to replace all the old access cards with the new ones.
Why are they doing this? What happens if I don't replace the old ones?

You are Stupid
Unregistered guest
Free Direct TV, why in the H*ll are you telling this to ppl, everyone already knows that they can get a free 1,2,3,4 room set up with a 1 year subscribtion..Geezzz what a Joke

Unregistered guest
Stupid must be a DTV employee. The jokes on you...Geeez! Everybody knows rooms 2,3,4 are another 4.99 a month each added to your bill and 15.85 processing fee up front.So much for 29.99 and free. Now it's up to 44.96 a month plus the lost 15.85, don't forget uncle sam getting his cut too. Now I'm bound to having to keep this for a whole year or they will hit me another 150.00. Now the free install has accumalated hardware not covered under the free installation deal that hit me another 56.00. What turned out to be free and 29.99 a month has now hit my finances with hidden financial nightmare. I had more for the buck with cable and no year contracts and I can have channels that I watch. Not a bunch of music channels with a few good ones. I say buy your own system...their very cheap in lots of stores, get the tuner and program card available all over the net. Now you have it ALL with no time agreements and FREE.You may have to play the card game every few years. I have locals that reprogram my card for me when they figure out a way to block it cheap and it takes them a long time to crack. BEWARE...DON'T GET SUCKED INTO THIS FREE TRAP!

david Gragg
Unregistered guest
I am really confused after reading all of these posts. I am sorry to bother you with a basic question, but I just purchased a house with a DTV dish on the roof. I am looking to receiving satellite siganls. Can I just purchase the reciever and a card and be able to watch programs? Also, what card would I have to get? If I were to get a card that descrambles signals, would I still need to subscribe for service. Thank you so much for your help.

spidey
Unregistered guest
david gragg,to answer ur 1st question u just cant watch tv by just getting a card and reciever, these new p4 p5 cards marry to the 1st reciever it is activated in. i will suggest to u to call dtv and sign up for one yr. and just get the minimum package the hack for these new cards is out people r just trying to make some quick money before everyone has it. plus u get free card sat dish and reciever. this may not be what u want to hear but even if the hack comes out u dont know how long it will last. it will take time to iron out all the kinks out of the new hack. but if u have dtv activated for a yr at least u will have piece of mind cause u can still watch tv. hope dis helps!!

Bronze Member
Username: Pawnmaster

Canada

Post Number: 62
Compare this list with the list of sites owned by Dave? Hummm????

Anonymous

Is the HU card dead? I cancelled my DTV service about a year ago, but still have 4 receivers and HU cards. Are they worth anything?

Unregistered guest
just wondering how to program the remote control so it will run my teli. I have no manual for my system Please let me know by hotmail aaahtequila@hotmail.com. The system is direct tv.. thanks for the help anyone

the voice
Unregistered guest
The Hu cards are great coasters now,but can still get music only ...NO TV..

tequila..directv.com and the IRD maker (Hughes, Rca etc.) have all the manuals online..

Anonymous

Are you are looking for a free satellite TV system from DIRECT TV ?
Retailers are currently offering free satellite TV systems !
[link removed]

carloc1dbz
Unregistered guest
Hello friends I have a question. WHat is all this talk about free channels with a card. Could someone explain this to me. COud I really get all the movie channels for free and stuff. I just got direct TV last month and there is nothing on. I want to watch some movies or something. How do I get these cards or how do they work. Please sombody help. carlosc1dbz@yahoo.com

dublatime
Unregistered guest
carloc - That was the case with the old Hu card, but since that card was swapped with the new P4 and P5 card about 2 months ago their is no public hack to recive wide open dave tv.

nail
Unregistered guest
this bull. direct tv could nt have it this locked down, could they? there has to be an answer, som-1 must know how to program these new cards. what about finding som-1 who is paying for full service. then getting a smart card reader/ writer and reading their card the programing yours. or did i just explain the old version?

nail
Unregistered guest
ok..google......check out dss-cards.net they seem to spell it out pretty good. So if som-1 wants to figure out if they have any worthy products and post, i think it would help quite a few people. I believe there offering a system for free satelite but it won't pick up direct tv. it can get dish and others, i think.

Bronze Member
Username: Tazspin

Post Number: 68
Just because I'm bored I will tackle this yes dtv can and does have thier card locked down that good and yes there are a lot of free to air (sattelite) systems that can be programed to recieve dishnetwork and Bev and also a smart card reader can not read a subscribed p4, p5-d1 card (because of security measures that are incorporated in the card much like a regular card reader writer couldn't program the hu card we needed a special loader using an atmel chip with the right flash) so we can't simply read a subscribed card and use that info

Anonymous

Check this price for Direct TV Card, Receiver and Dish

Anonymous

Free Direct TV

http://www.usa-direct-tv.com/

Username: Bosch

Encinitas, Ca Usa

Sat Test Card

peaches_1952
Unregistered guest
Well after reading some of this FREE stuff I have to respond. I DO work for Direct tv and nothing is FREE. It's true you pay $4.99 a month for any extra reciever you have. Plus whatever programing you want. And it's not cheap! I pay over $80.00 a month and only have 2 recievers. Also if you don't know already Direct TV has just released the P11 card. We are replacing all the old P4 cards. The higher the number the less chance you have of hacking. This I am sure of. So good luck on the free stuff. Just DON'T get ripped off!

casey jones
Unregistered guest
P11 card...LOL...thats funny...some people's children...guess they skipped P6-10...oh no,I forgot about the "alleged" P6 GOLD card is next..DTV must have skipped the P7-10 and is going right to the P11...hell,why not make it a P99 and go real high,since the higher the better for DTV as U stated....and if U work for DTV,but visit DTV hack sites,AND still pay over $80.00 a month,I would change occupations or get smarter..

Unregistered guest
Thought i'd go to direct tv, had it installed free (NOT) today, they would put it on my trailer or my electric pole, so there was an addtional installation fee (useally $100) but the guy gave us a break, RIGHT, and put a pole in the ground for ONLY $50. It was offer through verison, that charged $14 for processing, and credit check, if i didn't pass i would pay verison the $50 as a prepayment. Guess i passed. But when we call to acess the dish, direct tv said the did there own background check and i have to cough up the $50 to them, not verison. After arguing several times on the phone, i got pissed and told them to cancell it all. Guess what? They told me i CAN'T
cancel becuase i haven't activated it yet. Once i pay the activation fee,THEN i can cancel. OF COURSE, there is the matter of a $150 early cancelation fee. I told then i ain't paying a dime, and where would they like for me to drop they're recievers off at. They said the don't want them becuse they were installed for 1 hour, that they now belong to me. Yes, this all came with a year contract and $5 for the extra reciever (they offered 3 free ( HA ). direct tv is nothing short of a ripoff scam. If anyone can program a p5 card, i'd love to stick it right back to direct tv. I'm glad i was smart enough not to turn in my cable box. I hooked it back in. Time Warner (may) be a few dollars more, but atleast i didn't feel screwed when they installed it three years ago. Guess you get what you pay for..........so be ware!!!!!!

casey jones
Unregistered guest
U need to deal with Verizon,not DTV,to return your receivers and cancel the contract...U actually never had a contract with DTV...I have a bud who had a very similiar situation and was refunded by Verizon..

Unregistered guest
Unloopers and Loaders
Universal ATMEGA with Programmer
Jtag Quad Mode 6000
Quad ISO
P4 Card
P5 Card
Fortec Receiver
Dish Network 3100 Receiver
ENTER

Anonymous

Anyone know what happen to Easyloader.net web page ? It seems to be down.....

BlessedGEM
Unregistered guest
If I buy a Fortec Receiver, what else would I need to get free satelite? Will I be able to get all Dish Network stations? Do I need any access cards now or in the near future. Thanks

pineapple
Unregistered guest
Please read...U are 100% correct...I will not waste your time or mine anymore...as U stated its not appreciated or wanted...but I will be available at www.dsscentral.net doing my admin job which I know IS appreciated and WELCOMED there with NEVER a confrontation...

BTW...I have been "of the air" for 5 days here due to "Charley",so I all hope U had a nice non confrontational forum,but I can guess that did/will never happen here cause of the small minds of those who just don't appreciate/welcome others outside their clique here..this forum is unlike all others,especially dsscentral.net,where all do welcome friends and others...peace and best of luck to all of you

BTW..the free upgrade to premium does work WITHOUT ANY no 745 board for 3-4 days,then x721...but does last much much longer (some have said they've been up 3 months now,but I'm testing that now WITHOUT any 745 board to get the truth myself) if card is pulled nightly (midnite-7:00AM) when DTV sends their updates..

BTW. the following peepz here mentioned are all a buch of faggits who disgrace the Dss community:
-WALTER BROWN.....a.k.a. the big pussie
-KENNETH DAVID....a.k.a. the cok suker
-RICHARD YOUNG....a.k.a. the child m0lester
-THE TRUTH........a.k.a. the pantyhose

the REAL voice
Unregistered guest
again same imposter as other posts

Paulie
Unregistered guest
how do i reset the rating limit code because the box i got came with one and i dont know how to reset it. It doesnt allow rated r

PW
Unregistered guest
do a hard reboot!....or try cross polarizing the power plug...or contact the manufacturer..

TELL ME??
Unregistered guest
Ok, let's get down to the bottom line... Can you , or can you not aquire free premium channels with a hack.

Anonymous

no readily available hack yet !!!

WaIter Brown
Unregistered guest
I am figuring there are a lot of people with direct tv recievers, that they are using as paper weights, who wish they had dishnet recievers. Now instead of trying to hack the p4 or p5 would it note be better to try and find a way to convert the direct tv receiver to a dishnet receiver. They do pretty much the same job, and I can't help but to feel it would be a process of clearing out the direct tv program and installing the dishnet program. Lets get everyone redirecting their energy here before the NFL season starts.

Anonymous

this is not Walter he's not registerd...its peckerhead from dsscentral for retards

bo0bies
Unregistered guest
hey guys is there something i can do or get to use the direct tv as a black box?
someone e-mail me about it socomplaya345@yahoo.com

NesMatters
Unregistered guest
does a dish network reciever work with direct tv?

Anonymous

Nes....no apples & oranges

Username: Legger

I understand that there is a P6 card out to replace the P4/P5 where can i get one of these ?

Username: Afriend

i have a direct tv hu20005b #3 access card is it programable to recieve all the channels?

Unregistered guest
My Apartment complex only offers the DTV. They don't even have comcast or time warner or anything else. They just have DTV thru this SBC (Satellite Broadcasting Corporation) They say I have to pay extra $10 for using SBC ( I guess it is the big satellite dish for the whole apt complex). They also require 1 year contract... I think they are bullshit. Is there anyway I can just install DishNetwork or DTV without going thru this bullshit SBC? or Is there anyway for me to just get Reciever and Card for Dish Network or something to get free cable of all the movies and so on? Please help me. My email address is paikmike77@hotmail.com

DirecTVguy
Unregistered guest
Can a DTV satallite antenna be used for Dishent receiver? Thanks!

email me if you can help me with what to buy!
daymjr2000@yahoo.com

fido
Unregistered guest
The actual ROOF dish doesn't matter.DTV roof dish will work with Dishnetwork and vice versa.Just the alignment is different.

You MUST have a DTV receiver and cards to get DTV and a Dish (usually echostar)receiver and cards to get dishnetwork.

DinPRAZ
Unregistered guest
I moved into a house with a dish and one receiver set up. I want other rooms to have tv as well; can I buy a receiver and card on my own or do I have to go through the company and pay like $$$ more?

Thanks

fido
Unregistered guest
IF Dish no,If DTV,yes.You need to give more info.Depends if you want different channels on the other receivers,or just the same throughout the house!

DinPRAZ
Unregistered guest
DTV, any channels I can get - basic cable is fine. We have one DTV receiver and its all set up... just want tv setup in different rooms.

Thanks

fido
Unregistered guest
You really need to explain some minor details.Is this a subscription you are paying for?If NO,then you will lose them soon.The P4/5 DTV card is not hacked so you can't hack it or get additional channels,but can hack DISH,if U want more.

If you want the same channels on another IRD AT SAME TIME,then run a splitter.

If you want same,but different channels,so you don't have all the same channels all at once on each IRD,then you can't do anything,unless you know how to hack DISH and reprogram every card with IRD.

You need to start READING before asking basic 101 questions!

macdaddy
Unregistered guest
Is there anyway to get rid of a full access card. Meaning when you do not allow the phone line and you have a b unch of ordered stuff on the card, is there a way to erase that so you can keep ordering without allowing a phone call from your box.

Username: Dish_sucks

Recently we moved out to the country and wew do not have cable in our area. Anyway, here is my question, the house we purchased has a direct tv 3 LNB dish on the roof. The previous owner left us with 2 receivers for the direct tv system with the cards, and also 2 dish network receivers. I can not handle the tv anylonger with only having an antenna. REALITY TV SUCKS!!!! So I was wondering if there was anything that I could get off of wither of these recveivers for free. I am not fussy, I guess I would even be happy watching the shopping channel as long as it was clear. I sure miss Comcast! Also, I think I read it somewhere but just to be for sure, will the dish receivers work on the direct tv triple dish? Thanks, Jerry

Sakapfet
Unregistered guest
I've just moved and found an house w/DishNetwork and receivers. I would like to use but don't know much about Dish. Pls help

the real applebee
Unregistered guest
Many good websites with helpful info in their forums and chat..You will need to do VERY much reading and learning,and spend about $100 for programmer etc..here is just 1 very good site, www.dsscentral.net but there are others too..

workarounddavid
Unregistered guest
Macdaddy, sure, you can get rid of a full access card, no problem. All you need to do is perform a receiver upgrade (ie, call DTV to activate your new receiver, cancel out your existing receiver, and then use a sizzors on your existing card). DTV doesn't check out a cancel'd recevier's card. Reasons for upgrade -- you can say the receiver died, or you can upgrade to TIVO, or you can just say you wanted the features of an upgraded unit. Very important, if you do this, be sure you destroy your old card -- the old card must never see the inside of another receiver, ever, not even for a minute -- or you'll be screwed, big time.

Anonymous

So I could order NFL Sunday Ticket & PPV movies on DTV, not hook up my phone line, then just buy and activate a new card without ever being charged for the things I ordered?

Most_likely_you_can
Unregistered guest
Probably. But it's safer to do it on the back-side, just in case. I fill the cards up after I cancel the receiver, just to make sure they don't come back at me and ask for the card when I call to cancel. The activation will hold for about 45 days on a cancelled card before the tiers expire (with the proper use of a no-745). I don't know DAVEs policy, but I cancel'd two receivers cards without them ever asking to check the PPVs. If you have guts, you can fill them first, then cancel - but doing that is a little risky.

the real applebee
Unregistered guest
No way on the Sunday Ticket!...that has nothing to do with the phone or activating a new card...once U order it,U pay for it!

and PPV's, U only get 4 freebies with newer receivers and no phone line...U can't keep calling DTV and activating new cards which cost $20 each...hell,its cheaper to pay for the 4 movies than ordering and activating new cards evry week...lol...and DTV will NOT keep activating new cards for U every time U fill up the PPV's on your card...

Most_likely_you_can
Unregistered guest
With a P4 and a P5, I get 25 slots and a $200 limit. Used to be $350, but they recently lowered it to $200, most likely due to the work-a-rounds. Which new receivers are you talking about. No way only 4 slots. That would infringe on legtitmate ppv users in a big way, and cost DAVE lots of revenue.

Anyway, the original question was, I have a full PPV card, how do I get rid of it? You get rid of it by upgrading to a TIVO, a new receiver, or calling and claiming an equipment failure. But I agree, as to hacking DTV, this is definetly NOT the way. There are better, more efficient work-a-rounds.

the real applebee
Unregistered guest
ALL NEWER DTV RECEIVERS (PAST 6 MONTHS) WILL ONLY RECEIVE 4 PPV'S WITH PHONE UNPLUGGED,THEN X733!...ONLY OLDER IRD'S WILL GET UP TO 25!

LEGITIMATE USERS ARE NOT "INFRINGED" CAUSE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE PHONE PLUGGED IN!...AND I AM A LEGITIMATE USER WHO ONLY GOT 4 PPVS WITH RCA,HUGHES,PHILIPS,AND SONY NEWER IRDS..AND ITS NOT JUST ME BUT ALL LEGITIMATE USERS WITH NEWERE IRDS'..AND MANY POSTS FROM MANY SITES HAVE ALL STATED THE SAME EXPERIENCES WITH NEWER
IRD'S,THIS IS NOT A NEWS FLASH..

BTW..U CANNOT "WIPE" PPV'S ON A P4/5...ONLY ORDER A NEW CARD AND ACTIVATE IT WHEN ITS FULL...AND THAT IS RIDICULOUS..DTV WILL NOT ALLOW THAT,EXCEPT MAYBE ONCE FOR A "LOST" CARD BS STORY,OR BOUGHT A DIFFERENT RECEIVER STORY..

Anonymous

my grandaughter was playing with my tv, we have direct tv, and she hit the order button on some movies and we have never been billed for them. I have not had my phone line plugged in for over 2 years. Why am I not charged for this? Will they find out these were ordered. It has been over 5 months. Also, I have never put the new card in that was sent to me and our cable is still working fine, what is the new card for?

key l;argo
Unregistered guest
Just what card are U using?...what does it look like and say on front...numbers on back?....

U will not be billed,unless U plug the phone line in...

But somethings are very fishy about your post..nice try,but if your phone line has been unplugged for over 2 years,U would definitely NOT to be able to "order" PPV by hitting ANY buttons on remote/TV...after 30-55 days when then phone line is unplugged,DTV lowers your spending limit to .01 cent,and U get a "call extension 731,732,733",on ALL your PPV channels which disables the "ordering" capability,unless U order online...and ALL old P3/HU/Football cards have been blacklisted (call x745) within 60 days after DTV mailed you the newer P4/D1 aka P5 replacement card therefore disabling your old cards and requiring use of a new replacement card..

U might have some IRISH luck,but DTV is not that disorganized to make 2 MAJOR mistakes that U say exist with your DTV account..

Marie JJ.
Unregistered guest
Any UK satellite TV users here,found this interesting post, any comments?
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/107849.html

Unregistered guest
i am trying to get into satellite tv piracy but i have a few questions:
is there any way for DirecTV and/or Dish Network to catch people that commit satellite piracy?
what general precautions should i take to keep from getting busted?
i just got out of federal prison after serving a 3 year bid for credit card fraud and identity theft,and i'm not looking forward to going back.
i will ask more questions(after receiving a follow-up responce from someone,so as not to spam the board),and give more in-depth info if u guys need it.thanx in advance for any help.

key largo
Unregistered guest
Now is not really a great time to begin this hobby...Directv (DTV-Dave) changed cards in April to a new P4/5 card that has not been hacked yrt,and therefore NOT programmable..Dishnetwork (Dish-Charlie)will be changing to Nagra 2 which is a new stream/card within the year and that Nagra 2 has not been hacked and may never be too..best thing to do now is share a DTV subscription with someone that subscribes ...also pick up a few P4/5 cards from a garage sale or newspaper or someplace,as they are only $20-25, very cheap right now,just in case the P4/P5 does get hacked..

Cannot ever get caught,if U keep phone lines unplugged and your mouth shut...1 bid is enough,low profile and common sense prevails....

Whittier123
Unregistered guest
why is my multichanger only out puting a strong signal on 1 line? I have changed multichangers and installed new coax, but I am still not getting a strong enough signal to run 2 recievers...

key largo
Unregistered guest
too long coax lines?...need a booster?...bad LNB?

multichanger?..haven't heard that terminology,what does it do?...splitter,diplexer,multiswitch?

Whittier
Unregistered guest
multiswitch... sorry :-) where should I put the booster?

whittier123
Unregistered guest
whats a LNB?

iamjusttoangry!
Unregistered guest
For the idiot spammers above, i can check Whois on your targeted websites and get you screwed! stop spamming the forum!

stop the spam
Unregistered guest
where's the link for the Costa Rica prostitutes?

1question
Unregistered guest
If you buy hardware from Ebay and sign up legit from Dish will they issue you a card or must all hardware remain with initial issue card?

key largo
Unregistered guest
No cards are suppose to be sold with any receivers..Both Dish and DTV require new cards to be issued..

Josh 123
Unregistered guest
Hello friends. I am looking fordward on buying a directv card for future programming, but I dont know which is the best to buy. And for how long do you think those cards will last once they can be programmed ? Sorry to ask this, but my budget is kind of tight.

The Observer
Unregistered guest
Regional News: Boston | D.C.| New York | Silicon ValleyMore Tech News:Newslinx

internetnews.comBusiness
Internet Daily
InternetNews Business Report
Boston News
DC News
NY News
SiliconValley News
•DoJ: We Want to Read Your E-Mail
•RIAA Trains Anti-Piracy Guns on Universities
•FBI's Trilogy Program Draws Senate Ire
•Survey: Consumers Oppose Anti-Piracy Laws
•Audit Critical of FBI's IT Management

February 11, 2003
FBI, DOJ Crack Satellite Piracy Ring
By Thor Olavsrud

Five people were taken into custody by the FBI Tuesday morning as part of a complex sting operation. The bureau's Computer Crimes Section in the Central District of California, said it targeted hackers allegedly developing and distributing software and hardware for pirating satellite television signals.

Tuesday's arrests bring the operation's total tally to 17 people across 7 states, with a number of the accused indicted for violating the anti-decryption provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) (define).

The indictments mark the first time the controversial DMCA has been used in the Central District of California, and only the second time that a grand jury in the U.S. has issued an indictment under the statute. Other charges issued including manufacturing a device for the purpose of stealing satellite signals, and conspiracy. All three counts carry a maximum possible sentence of five years in a federal prison. The first two charges each carry a potential fine of $500,000, while the conspiracy count carries a maximum fine of $250,000.

The arrests were part of a yearlong investigation called "Operation Decrypt," which uncovered an alleged ring of hackers that used secret online chat rooms to exchange data and techniques to circumvent the security of Hughes Electronics unit DirecTV and EchoStar Communications' (Quote, Chart) DISH Network.

"This case demonstrates our commitment to identifying and prosecuting sophisticated computer hackers who steal the intellectual property of others for their own economic benefit," said United States Attorney Deborah W. Yang. "No matter how sophisticated the criminals are, we will uncover the devices they create and the strategies they use to steal the lifeblood of the business community."

Yang said the alleged pirates caused millions of dollars in losses to DirecTV and DISH Network, as well as NDS and NagraStar, developers and suppliers of proprietary encryption and smart card technology for DirecTV and DISH Network respectively. Additionally, Yang said the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) loses millions of dollars every year in unpaid royalties when satellite programming is stolen.

One of the accused, software and hardware developer Randyl Walter, 43, of West Los Angeles, pleaded guilty on Dec. 18, 2002, to manufacturing satellite signal decryption devices and also admitted to causing more than $14.8 million in losses to satellite companies.

Among those charged with violating the DMCA are:

Chad Fontenot, 26, of Richmond, Kentucky, arrested Tuesday morning on charges of conspiracy, satellite signal theft and violating the DMCA for designing and manufacturing hardware devices. Fontenot, a software and hardware developer who was known by the screen names "FreeTV" and "FreeTV2," was indicted on Jan. 23, 2003, but the losses caused by his alleged activities have not yet been determined.
Jason Hughes, 19, of Mocksville, North Carolina, who has agreed to plead guilty to violating the DMCA for developing and distributing software designed to circumvent smart cards for DirecTV. Hughes, a software developer who was arrested Tuesday morning, said he made $50,000 selling his software to individuals in Canada.
Edward Vanderziel, 35, of Ontario, California, was indicted on Jan. 23, 2003, on charges of conspiracy, manufacturing signal theft devices and violating the DMCA. Losses caused by Vanderziel's alleged activities remain undetermined. Vanderziel is a software developer who allegedly sold monthly subscriptions for software code for circumventing DirecTV's conditional access technologies
Michael Whitehead, 37, of Boca Raton, Florida, indicted on Jan. 23, 2003, on charges of conspiracy, manufacturing satellite signal theft devices and violating the DMCA for his alleged nationwide distribution of devices for circumventing the conditional access technologies in smart cards. Losses caused by Whitehead's alleged activities remain undetermined.
Peter DeForest, 30, of Seadrift, Texas, indicted on Jan. 30, 2003, on charges of manufacturing satellite signal theft devices and charges under the DMCA for manufacturing "unloopers" which are used to circumvent smart card technology.
Linh Ly, 38, of Rosemead, California, who agreed Tuesday to plead guilty to violating the DMCA and distributing decryption hardware that caused a loss of $561,507.48.
Richard Seamans, 52, of Chino Hills, California, who was indicted on Jan. 30, 2003 on charges of violating the DMCA and distributing decryption devices.

Others arrested in Operation Decrypt include:

Software developer Daniel Wilson, 33, of Houston, who has plead guilty to manufacturing satellite signal theft devices. Wilson developed freeware for circumventing conditional access technologies that was widely distributed on the Internet.
Stephen Thornton, 36, of Redondo Beach, California, 36, who has plead guilty to developing satellite signal theft devices by writing software to circumvent smart card technology.
Christopher Humbert, 20, of Terre Haute, Indiana, who has plead guilty to creating software code used to circumvent smart card technology.
Gary Bumgardner, 46, of Kernersville, North Carolina, who has plead guilty to manufacturing and distributing satellite signal theft devices including hacked access cards. Bumgardner admitted his actions lead to a loss of $68,732.16.
Thomas Sprink, 41, of Cocoa, Florida, who has plead guilty for selling hardware devices. Sprink admitted to causing a loss of $24,547.20.
Dennis Megarry, 39, of Ostrander, Ohio, who was arrested Tuesday morning based on a criminal complaint filed against him for distributing illegal hardware devices.
Robert Walton, 37, of Temple City, California, who was arrested Tuesday morning on charges of conspiracy and manufacturing satellite signal devices.
Thomas Emerick, 33, of Ontario, California, who has plead guilty to distributing decryption devices and reprogramming smart cards, and has admitted to causing $70,000 in loss to the satellite companies.
Joseph Bolosky, 30, of Panorama City, California, who has agreed to plead guilty to charges of manufacturing decryption devices and admitted causing a loss of $245,472.00.

Yang said Tuesday that Operation Decrypt is an ongoing investigation being handled by the Cyber Crimes Squad in the FBI's Los Angeles Field Office, and is part of the Attorney General's Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property program.

"There is definitely a strong possibility of others getting charged in the future," a spokesman for Yang told internetnews.com.

Business Archives

Please make any comments you have. It seems the satellite people can over charge repeatedly and not deliver what they charged for and the DOJ looks the other way but when you reverse the rolls oh! boy watch out. I say keep taking them down! They ruined my credit and even after I proved it; the Credit Card Company (CCC) guys said is was past the 6 months allowed to contest fraud billing by these guys, it was the CCC guys in conjunction with the Sat. creeps that caused the delay seemingly protecting these Satellite cons and their phoney free plans and discount cupon crap. Good work I say keep getting them! Take the fraud ridden thieves down!

bob_parker
Unregistered guest
I read the newsgroup hoping to find out more regarding hacking p4/p5 card but it look like all your information are old because already there is a hack for the p4 card but it's expensive plus it's without the pay per view channels

MlKE
Unregistered guest
Bob there is no public hack for P4 or P5, those are subbed cards....when they stop paying...you go down

HHHHHHH
Unregistered guest
Hey, I don't know anything about Direct TV but I have Dish Network and because Dish Network won't be showing CRICKET Matches on pay per view sports, I'm thinking if I can get Direct TV....Is it like I need get a Direct TV receiver and an access card or is there anyway to serve your purpose using your Dish Network receiver??? And also can we use the same antennas of Dish Network???

largo key
Unregistered guest
To get Directv (DTV),U need a directv receiver and card...the roof dish antenna doesn't matter,as long as it aligned correctly..DTV cannot be hacked,so U must subscribe...DTV will give U all new hardware and install for free (including roof dish),if U have never subscribed before..cheaper monthly bill, if U have a bud who U can share a subscription with..

HHHHHHH
Unregistered guest
I don't know but I know one person who has Direct TV here in Canada....And Direct TV is not offered here, so he must have hacked it someway

Hmmmmm
Unregistered guest
those are subbed cards....when they stop paying...you go down

largo key
Unregistered guest
Yes,its either a SHARED DTV subscription with a legit subscriber in the US somewhere in the chain....or a web site that subscribes for you,but usually charges you BIG money with no or very limited PPV's, for a very short period of time..but its NOT a P4/5 DTV hack!

This is much better !
Unregistered guest
Joey Smith
Registered guest
Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 09:50 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't let an "anonymous" jerk mislead you.

I have been using the files and programmer from

www.zyworld.com/dishookup316/p4_products.htm

for almost two months and they have worked flawlessly.

Now I can watch all my favorite PPV movies and all NFL games, and even the nudie channels !!!

Finally theres something that really works.

drakst
Unregistered guest
I am using this medium and any other medium that I can find in an effort to warn people of a Direct TV scam. Has anyone else had this problem? Direct TV people called me asking, me to switch from cable to direct satellite TV. They promised to send me a surround TV entertainment system after I stay with them for a 5-6 month period. Well I did and when I went to redeem this promotion after 7 months, they told me that I sent in my request early( although I waited 8 months) and we did not completely fill out the entire form to redeem the offer ( I know that all lines were filled out) And because they claim we did not follow their rules to redeem this promotion, that the deal was now null and void! Is this legal? Has this happen to anyone else?? with either [link removed]

Anonymous

if you have a p5 card already programmed to get all channels can you put it in your directtv receiver and use it..i got the card from a friend who pays for it all but im not sure what to do. if i put the card in will it erase if i choose to go to system setup and choose the option to prepare a new card. or what else can i do ..help plese.

happy new year
Unregistered guest
Give it back to him,you can't use it and will only very possibly damage it,especially if you select"install new card".The card has already been "married" to the receiver it was originally placed in,and therefore is now useless in any other receiver.

ebayer
Unregistered guest
Some fool bought a programmed p5 card on Ebay for $100 last week. He was the only bidder. Hope it wasn't you. Completely, totally worthless.

Finish 24
Unregistered guest
Believe me or don't - I don't care. I'm just bored at work and need something to do.

I'm a Technical Tier 2 EC for DirecTV. Of course, I'm not even supposed to web surfing while working, but it's a slow day. For those who care, yes, there is a P4/5 hack. Whoop de do. Everyone saw it comming. Hell, the only reason why it was so much harder to crack (besides the several million dollars spent to make it hard to hack) was the fact that the company who previously engineered and manufactured the access cards for us (NDS Ltd.) was selling secrets on how to hack them. We're making our own cards now, of course, but they're just as hackable.

There is easier way for free DTV, tho. An EC like myself can authorize or disconnect any service on any access card, and adjust pricing. Hell, there's not a DTV board meber who doesn't have every channel, 24/7, through a legit service. We even have a few here at work, for troubleshooting purposes. If you're already so determined to get free DTV, just make a friend on the inside.

Finish24@aol.com

dss_curious
Unregistered guest
I'm interested in what equipment is needed to read an access card. I don't want to do anything illegal, just very curious.

largo key
Unregistered guest
Knee Grow/negro...actually,that is one of the few things we can do with the P4/5 card,read it!...not a full dump,but a good valid partial read with camID,card status and PPV slots available..and all that is needed is your old HU loader flashed to UL4S and a winexplorer script (P4-D1 UL4S card checker)....there is no fix,but a partial read is easily performed...a zanex might chill U out a bit,instead of bashing everyone from the pope to the negro with your threats,comments,and cheap language....I agree with U on 1 thing,anyone who buys ANY P4/5 hack now deserves to lose their money....they all been warned enough times..

Top Rate Technician
Unregistered guest
Knee Grow I laugh at you. Thier is no comment low enough to describe you. You prove a point very well. The Smarter they act the dummer they are. Get a life and seek some professional help.

As for the rest of you just pay for your service and shut up. I am a former installer of Direct Tv and most of you customers cheated me out of my time and material. You want me to run over 120 feet of cable. (I used the good stuff) And when I asked for you to pay for the additional install, (Direct Tv only allows 120 feet read the fine print), you cry and threaten to cancel the order so I end up eating the bill. Its better to go home with twenty dollars than lose 100 or more. I've seen a lot of you people in the midwest, (over a thousand) and most of you still owe me money. Direct Tv (forbid), they will never pay the differance. Thier just in it for the money. On the Bright side Direct Tv offers you the best signal comparred to anything else. I'm sorry if you didn't get a good installer like me. I been out on a lot of repiars where the installer must of been a grade school flunky. I've seen installs where there was only 50 percent signal streagnth I can usally get 90 to 100 easy. And what about the meantally challanged that put the dish on the shingles at the bottom of the roof, in about ten years you will be repiaring a leaky roof. Give the dish a clear line of site, thier is a thing called multipath that will degrade your signal. Reflections from the building are the most common reason. Don't want to waste much more time here. I will be seeing some of you soon. Repiar, recalibrate and etc. Pay me now or pay me later. Don't waste you life watching to much tv, the real world is much more exciting.
Someone who's life
Counts

Knee Grow don't bother replieing I won't be back on this sight. But be aware you never know who is a watching.

Lucky Ed
Unregistered guest
Top Rate Technician, I agree with you Knee Grow needs to get a life anyone can say *>?.%##/?,. and pretend that they are all that. I had a system put in about for months ago. I got on this site to see if thier was anything I could do to improve my stuff. got a big place and have 3 recievers and a tvo I never gave it a dang thought as to how much cable was run. my guy put dish on the side of my place at first I had a good signal but not so good now, maybe I call someone like you to fix it. I don't feel right about hacks the big guys at dtv or going to get thier bucks anyway. I don't feel good about takin money from the litle guys like you. hackers just steal from the guy tryin to feed his peeps. Chicks like Knee Grow need **** holes to live in.
does Knee Grow = negro or ***** or %%%%%%%%%%

largo key
Unregistered guest
negro...I know of the partial P4/5 read from personal experience....it is common knowlege that this CAN be done very easily...Shut your mouth and do your homework before U start bashing people..try it,U might learn something..

dss_curious
Unregistered guest
Thanks Largo Key. That bit of info was all I needed to start my info search. I may be a newbie to all this but I got some grey matter that still works.

BTW: Don't hate on Knee Grow. It's characters like him that make this all interesting. not everyone can be politically correct all the time.

regularGUy
Unregistered guest
My new house has a Dish Network dish on the roof. After reading this whole string I understand I can keep that dish and with the proper recievers run DTV with it. The details of this are what's holding me back. (btw, I want a receiver that can access the Los Angeles channel set - not the channels I'm supposed to get for MY area) Anyway, I have a buddie who has DTV in LA, can I have him add another room to HIS service, then just take THAT reciever and hook it up to my sat dish?

largo key
Unregistered guest
Both the DTV and Dish roof dish can be used with either..they work with both Dishnetwork or DTV...its not the receiver that allows the DTV locals,its the card and the "locals byte" and zipcode that are programmed into the card that determine which local channels U get...and ONLY DTV can program these cards now,so U would need a DTV subscription,which U would ONLY get the locals for your zipcode area,if U subscribed yourself..

As far as sharing a DTV subscription with your bud in LA,yes U can do that exactly as U asked (get new card from DTV,put in receiver,call DTV to activate,mail U the receiver with the same married activated new card),BUT U will NOT get his LA locals..His locals channels listing will appear on your guide,but U will get either other unknown/undetermined channels or none of those channels in your local guide listing area...U will get ALL of his other channels (HBO,premium movie channels,Cnn,tbs,tnn,espn,most national channels) EXCEPT some that are specific to that LA area (ABC,NBC,FOX,CBS and many sports channels will be not available in your area)..BUT, U could receive the ABC,CBS,major networks ONLY if HE (your LA bud) presently receives the 380's channels on his subscription..

regularGUy
Unregistered guest
so what you're saying is, being that my ultimate goal of getting KCAL 9 in my area is pretty much impossible? You see, I want Laker games when they are on KCAL 9, I have looked unto the nba package but being that my ACTUAL location is technically within the KCAL 9 broadcast circle those games would be blacked out - VERY LAME.

Also I wanted Direct TV becuase my cable provider's DVR has limited funtionality. So I want DTV HD DVR system.

largo key
Unregistered guest
If your bud with DTV subscription gets KCAL9 on his locals and U are close to him,then U will get his locals and KCAL9 also...thats ONLY way U will get the KCAL9.

If U want DTV HD DVR or tivo,then U will also need another Dish from DTV...the DISH roof dish will not work!...U will need a triple LNB oval dish aligned properly,and not sure but think so, phone line plugged in to receive the updates...IF phone does need to be plugged in,then forget sharing a subscription with your bud,it would be very risky and stupid!

Silver Member
Username: Knee_grow

Detroit

Post Number: 193
ROTF idiots

largo key
Unregistered guest
yeah...Kneegrow works for this site,as a Dave employee...his antics draw more registered users here,so the sponsors are happy,and Dave gets more email addy's and info on testers to use in future court proceedings..

Silver Member
Username: Knee_grow

Detroit

Post Number: 204
I'm watching you Largo Key, you better be on your best behaviour you moron. I'm sniffing your IP right now. Expect one of those dreaded DTV letters in the mail anytime soon. ROTF, what a retard!!!

YOUR MOMMA
Unregistered guest
LARGO KID STOP YOUR CHILDRN TRANTOM AND LISTEN TO YOR MOMMA

Good advice
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 - 08:58 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
largo key, you dont want to travel that road. ulcers are the only thing you'll ever get.
Mods here care shit about having a decent thread.
(the more hits, the more income)
Try ignoring him or better still, try befriending the jerk.

ExDirecTV Tech
Unregistered guest
I worked for DirecTV for about a month. They do screw their technicains. I was sent to jobs close to 250 miles from my house, install way more crap than I was supposed to (because my team leader said I had to) and pay for all the materials. Technicains only get the dishes, recievers, poles and concrete free. Everything else is paid for by the technician. And I noticed something weird about the job, All the technicians only last for 1 month, then they will be fired. If it wasnt for their channel lineup, I would change over to Dish network.

ExDirecTV User
Unregistered guest
I used to get free DirecTV for almost 2 ½ years. Then the football card stopped working. Now Im just waiting for the new lincoln fix. If it wasnt for their channel lineup, I would change over to Dish network.

largo key
Unregistered guest
Don't count on a "Lincoln" fix...share a sub,if U really want DTV again..

WATCH DTV NOW
Unregistered guest
A RELIABLE SOLUTION FOR YOUR DTV

www.hucarddirect.com

Username: Rocky774

??, ?? Canada

Hey, One of my friends said that Direct TV will never be back for free anymore and he said that I should get a Bell Express Vu satellite system instead and get that cracked. He's had his for like 4 or 5 months now and it hasn't been down yet. Should I switch to the Bell system?

Bronze Member
Username: Knee_grows_back

Post Number: 22
Bell sucks...get yourself a FTA reciever and get Dishnetwork...much better programming. Don't buy it from any of the retards on this site though...they are out to rip people off...you know who you are idiots..anyways..go to this site and ask around...you'll get a good deal..ok fruitcake!!!

www.al7bar.tk

Bronze Member
Username: Analman_returns

Post Number: 22
I SMELL FRIED CHICKEN

OLD MAN OREGON
Unregistered guest
MY 78 YEAR OLD FATHER FELL INTO THE DIRRECT TV TRAP.HE BOUGHT ONE BIGG MISTAKE.. SIGNED FOR A 1 YEAR CONTRACT. HE MOVED AFTER HAVING A STROKE.MADE ALL OF HIS PAYMENTS. FOR THE YEAR ON TIME AND CANCELED.NOW DIRRECT TV. IS ASKING FOR 175. FOR NOT FULFILLING HIS CONTRACT. HE MADE ALL PAYMENTS ON TIME DIRRECT TV AND SEVERAL CALLS TO THE THEY ALSO AGREED THEY WERE MADE ON TIME.THEY SAY ONE LETTER CAME BACK SO THEY DISCONNECTED HIS SERVICE.BUT ALL PAYMENTS WERE MADE AND ON TIME....THEY ARE JUST TRING TO RIP OFF AN OLD MAN WHO IS ON A FIXED INCOME.....WE WROTE TO THEM ASKING IT IN WRITING AND PROOF.THEY TURNED HIM INTO COLLECTIONS THE NEXT WEEK. WITH NO RESPONCE..BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!

LK
Unregistered guest
Thats a Bullship story...from one of the idiots here..

curiousone
Unregistered guest
Has anyone tried to figure out what signals are sent to and from Dave over the phone line after a PPV purchase? Then build an emulator for your receiver to communicate with so you can reset your own PPV's, or is the reset command sent via the sat?

LK
Unregistered guest
receiver is ONLY a receiver...is does NOT send signals..and the phone line is only the "messenger"...NO phone,no message..

curiousone
Unregistered guest
The receiver sends signals to Dave as to what PPV purchases have been made. Assume you have a subscription. The receiver connects to Dave over the phone line periodically and sends PPV purchase info. The receiver gets a PPV reset command somehow from Dave (either through the phone line when the receiver sends it's PPV purchase update, or, their head-end equipment sends it out and is received via the dish) If the reset command is sent via the phone line during the PPV purchase update then it should be possible to replicate and reset your own receiver.

LK
Unregistered guest
curiosone...The receiver SENDS nothing...it only receives!..thats why its called a RECEIVER..its not a transmitter!...PPV's are stored in the receivers memory,and DTV once a month "calls/dials" your receiver and downloads the stored PPV's from its memory...so NO phone,then DTV can't call,and then U get an error message call ext 731,732,733 on your PPV channels and cannot order using the remote now...its very simple..DTV does NOT wipe the PPV's that were purchased (reset as U call it)through the phone line,its done by satellite signal to the CARD,not the receiver or the phone line!...DTV also resets the PPV spending limit,call ext messages,channel package changes etc by SATELLITE signal not phone..

curiousone
Unregistered guest
I just went into the service menu of my receiver where the phone # to Dave's modem is stored as well as info that is needed if the receiver needs to dial 9 to get an outside line. This means the receiver calls Dave, NOT the other way around. In order for Dave to call, my phone would ring and thats not the case. I understand the receiver receives only through the dish, but, sends and/or receives through the phone line. You said that Dave "downloads" the stored PPV info. In order for Dave to download, my receiver has to send the info. The receiver detects the telephone line voltage of 48 volts DC all the time. When the receiver sees this voltage disappear for a preprogrammed amount of time (which is what happens when your phone is off hook during a conversation, it drops to 5VDC) then the receiver assumes the phone line is disconnected and displays the error message forcing you to call in. If Dave wipes the PPV info by sending the signal over the dish there isn't anything you can do, but, if the PPV info only is wiped at the end of the modem transfer, then it should be possible. I understand that the PPV spending limits, messages, channel packages etc are all done by sat. If a person knew when the receiver was going to "call in" you could disconnect your dish so that the only path for data would be the phone and see if the PPV's have been reset.

LK
Unregistered guest
well at least you are inquisitive which is good,but sorry you're not understanding this at all..again PPV's are reset via the CARD,not the receiver...obviously U never TESTED the H or HU card and are not familiar with buy bytes,wiping PPV's,cleaning eeproms,G strings, etc..

curiousone
Unregistered guest
If it is only via the card then how can they get the PPV purchases out of the receiver when you take it in to get a different receiver and don't have the card with you. They can reset the PPV's without the card so either they are doing it through the telephone jack, serial jack, or connecting straight to the coax in where the dish connects.

LK
Unregistered guest
They are not reseting and wiping the PPV's off the card when U "take it in and get a different receiver",unless they call DTV to send a satellite signal to "wipe" card # which is "married" to receiver# (DTV has records of all cards and married IRD's) .......receiver only stores PPV purchases and past PPV history...don't know where U got this idea that they "wipe/reset your PPV's when U bring your receiver in for a different receiver...no "reset or wipes done at receiver...its done bt satellite to card while card is in its married receiver..

Anonymous

LK if you read your owners manual, it clearly states that the receiver dials a 1-800 no. once a month. IS THIS NOT CALLED TRANSMITTING

LK
Unregistered guest
Actually who calls who isn't the point,maybe I am mistaken about who calls who, but I am 100% positive that PPV's are WIPED-RESET by satellite and NOT phone...curiousone was thinking that the PPV's could be WIPED,IF the WIPE/RESET was done by phone...but its NOT,its done by satellite signal to the CARD...that is how PPV's can be ordered/purchased/received ONLINE with NO phone,and U are NOT billed every month for movies previously ordered,cause the PURCHASES are RECEIVED and WIPED monthly by satellite signal to the CARD..same way H/HU card testers WIPED/RESET the cards when spending limits were maxed out (programmed to the card

the way it is
Unregistered guest
LK is never wrong.......
And even if he's wrong, he's right.

Anonymous

You see LK you said the receiver only receives, that is were you are wrong, and that is why you should not post, unless you know the facts. Trying to steer your way around it will not help. Several times you have posted wrong info so we shall suggest you READ READ. BTW you also seem to have trouble with comprehension.....no flaming intended.

who are you?
Unregistered guest
Hey anonymous....... your just jealous cause you know shit. you dont even try to help nobody. just flaming people is no way to go.

LK
Unregistered guest
I do not post Bogus info...and I'm the first to admit if I'm wrong!...no steering around...I stated maybe I was incorrect about who calls who,but that wasn't important or relevant to the theory brought up..your'e bashing me about comprehension is another matter...CHILDISH at that...U missed the point!...and SEVERAL wrong posts in an UNTRUTH..I'm not Einstein,but I know what I post and talk about is 99.9% factually...what do U want a pissin contest like the stupid idiots,that we're BOYCOTTING...or are U one of them,impostering!...Grow up!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Listen you two fa99ots...go somewhere else and do your bickering....other people don't want to read this shite. As far as i'm concerned you both are wrong and stupid!! As for this boycotting thing....sounds like something my 10 yr old would do on one of his chat sites...grow up you idiots and be thankful that puberty boy isn't posting as much...

LK
Unregistered guest
BTW...my manuals say NOTHING about the receiver calling DTV..I would really like to see that link from the manufacturer's website...can U please provide it...thanks..

Kneegrow... U are a 10 year old ..we are boycotting U ,your buds and all your alias's...stupid idiot!

Anonymous

http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/RCA/RCA_DRD523RB.pdf............ under reference

Why_argue
Unregistered guest
Guys, the P4 card instructs the receiver to make the phone call when there is an outstanding purchase that hasn't been previously downloaded, it does this at least once within 30 days of the first PPV watched, failure to call out after 30 days of attempting to do so results in the card PPVs going "call 732". When the modem call is made, the P4 card sends the CAM number, slot ID and PPV name via modem, and the receiver marks the PPV on the P4 card as having been downloaded to DTV via modem. At this point, the PPV is still locked on the P4, and not yet reset, although the receiver will no longer try to send that particular PPV info out again. When DTV gets the modem message and the slot ID, they send you the bill, and a signal via satellite to unlock that slot ID on the P4 card. When the slot ID is unlocked, you don't notice anything different (the PPV remains on the "purchased" page), however, once unlocked, the slot can be over-written with another PPV (or the slot info erased) at any time - no digital sigs are required. The modem does nothing in this process except tell DTV to charge the customer for PPV and tell DTV which slot they must unlock via the satellite.
Anyway, I'm not sure what you are arguing about, this process is well known, to unlock the slot requires the digital sigs for the P4/P5 card that we don't have, so understanding the modem or the receiver does nothing with regards to getting a P4 hack or the keys required for unlocking the PPV slots.

LK
Unregistered guest
very informative post..as I stated earlier the PPV's are wiped/reset by satellite signal to the CARD..NOT done by the receiver..TY...thats what I've been saying all along to curiousone ..anyone who reads this thread can see there is No arguing with curiousone..I took offense at some others who tried flaming me,and stuck their nose in and offered no info,just childish criticism...

BTW this is what curiosone originally wrote,to which I was replying..

"build an emulator for your receiver to communicate with so you can reset your own PPV's, or is the reset command sent via the sat?"

curiousone
Unregistered guest
(curiosone...The receiver SENDS nothing...it only receives!..thats why its called a RECEIVER..its not a transmitter!)...SEE HOW THE MOUTH TWISTS THING AROUND

LK
Unregistered guest
U're an a**hole!...whoever U are,U're not looking for info,as we all originally thought...U just want to start trouble...U must be one of the stupid idiots here (Kneegro,Larry,analman etc)..get a life and grow up...I answered your question,now don't continue on in your childish idiot manner!...sine U're one of the idiots here,I'll add U to the BOYCOTT list!

I already stated,that maybe I was mistaken..no twisting..and again your question and theory were about reseting/wiping the PPV's and did not center on who called who!..

"Actually who calls who isn't the point,maybe I am mistaken about who calls who, but I am 100% positive that PPV's are WIPED-RESET by satellite and NOT phone"

Anonymous

LK if the receiver calls dtv who dials the phone number. Mayby the have a little man inside of it.
woow thats weird

LK
Unregistered guest
it is truth..I did read the manual linked above..DTV does state that the receiver dials a toll free # once a month to download the PPV purchases.....was surprised myself,always thought it was other way around...my bad,and I admit it..

Anonymous

LK is a man of honor

The ORIGINAL curiousone
Unregistered guest
LK, the last post from curiousone (wed feb 9, 09:40am) was not from the original curiousone because I am the original and did not send that post. My last response was Mon Feb 7. I have only been on here for a few days now and obviously someone can be impersonated quite easily and likes causing trouble. I had a question about the modem thing, my question was answered by you and "why argue". Before you start freaking out and "flaming" me, as you guys call it, you must have known that anyone can pretend they are someone else on here. I read all the posts prior to asking my question because I didn't see it addressed anywhere. Just so everyone knows, I will not be posting as curiousone again, so if someone does, it isn't me. "The only question that is a dumb one is one that isn't asked!"

BI-CURIOUS
Unregistered guest
HEY ARE YOU BI-CURIOUS.IF SO CALL ME BABY.
HAVE I GOT A TREAT FOR YOU.

Unregistered guest
I like to watch little nacked boys

LK
Unregistered guest
Keep it up jerk...U might end up in jail...or worse,we get ahold of your IP and not only tell the authorities but your city and neighbors as well..neighbors won't call the authorities,some Dads might just castrate you or worse!...U think this is funny and not serious!...even if U're only 12,this is SERIOUS!...U can be traced in a heartbeat!...and we don't need your IP either,we can just tell the authorities of your post,they will get it from Ecoustics!...U have just put yourself in a VERY bad position...ECoustics will have no choice but to take action,either voluntary or by summons!

nobody
Unregistered guest
is it true that DTV has been hacked & is working
well.

LK
Unregistered guest
No truth

Unregistered guest
alguien habla español aqui ayudenmen porfavor :-(

LK
Unregistered guest
no nosotros no hablamos español aqui en este foro

mikes
Unregistered guest
Dish Network Hacks !

No receiver card or programmer needed !

CLICK HERE

Username: Tmf100653

ARE THE P/4 AND P/5 CARDS AVAILABLE ON EBAY ACTUAL WAYS TO HACK DTV, OR ARE THEY LIMITED TO THE BASIC PROGRAMMING, WHICH I ALREADY HAVE. LOOKING FOR A WAY TO INCREASE MY CHANNEL AVAILABLILITY AT A LESSER COST.

LK
Unregistered guest
No cards P4/5 on Ebay or anywhere are hacked or can be used now,NOT even with a DTV subscription...only was to inreasr programming is to get the Premium DTV subsctiption...only way to lower costs is to share your subscription monthly bill with family/friends...see the thread here about how to do that..its simple...

LK
Unregistered guest
clarification...ONLY P4/5 cards that YOU purchased from DTV will work,and ONLY with YOUR subscription,nobody else's...in other words,somebody else's cards won't work with your subscription..BUT U can have 6-8 receivers and cards on YOUR account and "share" them will friends/family..all they need is the roof dish and wiring,and YOUR "activated subscribed" DTV card and the married receiver it was activated in,when U called DTV to "activate" the cards........DTV does a 5 room free install now witha 1 year commitment...install includes roof sish,wires,receivers and cards..each receiver and card (after the first one) is $5 extra per month..so if U do the math,and 'share 5 receivers with 4 buds,then the monthly bill for the Premium (best) package is a total of about $125 WHICH MEANS $25 A PERSON!

LK
Unregistered guest
clarification...ONLY P4/5 cards that YOU purchased from DTV will work,and ONLY with YOUR subscription,nobody else's...in other words,somebody else's cards won't work with your subscription..BUT U can have 6-8 receivers and cards on YOUR account and "share" them will friends/family..all they need is the roof dish and wiring,and YOUR "activated subscribed" DTV card and the married receiver it was activated in,when U called DTV to "activate" the cards........DTV does a 5 room free install now with a 1 year commitment...install includes roof dish,wires,receivers and cards..each receiver and card (after the first one) is $5 extra per month..so if U do the math,and 'share 5 receivers with 4 buds,then the monthly bill for the Premium (best) package is a total of about $125 WHICH MEANS $25 A PERSON!

Username: Pevelez

I have 2 Dtv receivers cancel my account whith Dtv and one still working Please and My account is close ?Why ?

LK
Unregistered guest
Pedro...no comprende buddy...what are U trying to say or ask...try it again..there is a site www.freetranslation.com if U need it...and I'm not being sarcastic..would like to help,but I don't understand you..

Username: Pevelez

Post Number: 2
Ok One Receiver still working Why ?? And the account is closed .Comprende my friend ...Sorry and Drinking puertorican run !!!!

Morgan S
Unregistered guest
LK he says he has 2receivers running on 1 account and he cancelled his account and 1 receiver still working.

Morgan S
Unregistered guest
sorry Pedro

LK
Unregistered guest
Pedro..U are just VERY lucky!...it'll probably go down tonite after midnite..if U closed account today...otherwise consider it FATE!.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Hi Pedro...you'll have to excuse LK...he is mentally retarded and doesn't understand english very well....We all knew what you where trying to say. It is possible that DTV screwed up and kept one of your recievers alive...enjoy it while it lasts because they will eventually catch on and cancel your account. Do you live in the USA or are you a alien?

Morgan S
Unregistered guest
Actually I've heard of some being up to the end of the month LK.

Craig Reynolds
Unregistered guest
that also happened to me about 4 months ago and one of my receivers is still up and running.

Anonymous

Hello,
I do have an account with DTV. I'm currently have 2 receivers legally connected with them. A friend gave me a receiver with a P4 card which I want to add to another room without paying the $5, I know... What 's the best way to add additional receivers to my kids room without going into contractual agreements?

Anonymous

There is no other way.The P4 card you have, will no longer be activated, as of couple weeks back. you will have to order a new P5 20$ and pay the 5$ mth.

Username: Jcanuck

very new at this. i have a complete dtv system and would love to see it work. heard of 3months/$99. any opinions?

Username: Jcanuck

Post Number: 2
no ppv

LK
Unregistered guest
Depends upon the site U use...many are getting busted for this lately,and then probably turning over their customers names to DTV for prosecution..BE very careful...4 sites got busted 3 days ago..I would find a bud who already subscribes and ask him to "share" his subscription with you...I don't trust any "activation" sites now..and many are scammers,who give U nothing,but take your $$$$...go to www.satscams.com for latest scammer listing and look over their forums too..

Anonymous

Like may others here I just moved to a place that already has a dish. When I looked at the wire from the dish, it was cut so I put a new tip on it conected to an active receiver I got from a friend who pays for DTV. And it still didn't work :-( When I try to Auto config. the receiver it say it failed to Detect switch type?? Then after exiting the set up menu it starts searching for sat. signal and nothing happens!!!! What am I doing wrong? I need help. Anyone???

Username: Matty7777

Surrey, BC Canada

http://www.direct-tv-dish-network-4u.com
Directv and Dish Network Satellite Tv systems

Anonymous

Forum" means a chat area, message board, bulletin board (bbs), or e-mail function offered as part of any eCoustics.com Site.

If you participate in any Forum within an eCoustics.com site,
you MUST NOT:

defame, abuse, harass or threaten others;

make any bigoted, hateful or racially offensive statements;

advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them;

post or distribute any material that infringes and/or violates any right of a third party or any law;

post or distribute any vulgar, obscene, discourteous or indecent language or images;

advertise or sell to, or solicit others;

use the Forum for commercial purposes of any kind;

post or distribute any software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful component; or

post material or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any chat room or bulletin board.

Dish Network
Unregistered guest
CLICK link http://www.dishbonanza.com To Get a FREE Multi Room Satellite System plus Valuable Bonuses...MUST SEE TO BELIEVE

MikeinCA
Unregistered guest
My friend is going to buy 2 direct tv HD recievers + the service and is only going to use one reciever at his place. Is it possible to hook up his second reciever at my house, buy & hook up an antenna, and use one of his cards at my place? We are just going to split the Directv service bill when it comes in the mail. Any problems with the phone lines or tracking what we are doing? Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
of course you can do that idiot stick....there's prob about a million people doing it...split the bill and watch DTV...Man people are getting smarter by the minute

Unregistered guest
Is there a way to upgrade my dtv and get internet as well without having to purchase a new dish.

Dallas
Unregistered guest
KJ..Your dish doesn't affect your package upgrade,but might be not suited for DTV's internet (Direcway) service...why do U care,either way U must subscribe to Direcway..

Mike ...sharing DTV subs has been discussed here 1000x ...no problems with tracking,just DO NOT plug in any phone lines,but U will NOT be able (call x731,732,733)to order PPV's using the remote...BUT order PPV's online using the DTV account owners www.directv.com site registration info...then no matter who orders it (that U share with),it'll be broadcast on EVERY TV on the account,no matter where they live..

thrasher
Unregistered guest
you have to pay if you order online

Bosox
Unregistered guest
brilliant..as my brilliant neighbor says "unamazable"..I'm starting to be a jerk like kneegrow..BUT with some of these ridiculous questions or replies like above..and the total LACK OF READING here,U tend to wonder why bother helping and say "screw it"..

Unregistered guest
I'm new to all this what do i need to get started and whats the best card you reccomend, and do i need software to keep it updated? Any help is greatly appreciated

Anonymous

hsp,s are getting all the dtv work,they pay there employees $30/install. for you cheap basturds that want free service in other rooms, just mirror off the out to tv port to as many rooms or cribs as youd like, but use only sat spliters.you.ll get the same channel that the reciver is on and wont be paying the $4.99.or try going to the libaray and getting free dvd,s or vhs recordings and quite whinning about dtv costing so much

Benedictus XVI
Unregistered guest
IGNORE KNEEGROW......ITS THE ONLY WAY

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
Are those the only 6 words in your vocabulary you fcuking retard....

People United
Unregistered guest

Silver Member

Post Number: 616
I guess so...ROTF

l am Sam
Unregistered guest

butler_kennels
Unregistered guest
i know you see a message like this all the time but i got a smartcard programmer from getallchannels.com. it came with the software huxtreme. what can i do with this programmer and software. please someone help. i'm so clueless!!! thanks!!! butler_kennels@yahoo.net

knick gar
Unregistered guest
you got scammed! you brought something totally useless!

anynomapuss
Unregistered guest
Butler, even though what you bought is completely useless, you have conspired to defraud DTV and conspired to violate Federal laws. When DTV closes down getallchannels.com, they will get your name and address, and they will, no doubt, ream you a new a))hole.

Stoopid
Unregistered guest
If I could only do some thinkin', I could be another Lincoln, if I only had a brain...

Micky 2 Fingerz
Unregistered guest
butler kennels is a moron... y would u tell ppl..on the net that u bought sumthin illegal??? idiot

butler_kennels
Unregistered guest
i didnt know...sorry...can i not do anything with it? butler_kennels@yahoo.com

butler_kennels
Unregistered guest
i didnt know...sorry...can i not do anything with it? butler_kennels@yahoo.com

LK
Unregistered guest
U can at least drop using your email addy in public...that would be a smart start!

NO...its useless..ExtremeHU is long gone,dead,of NO value!...the programmer,well depends on what it is and what smartcard U want to use it with..in your case,I'm sure its useless also,unless U have special smart cards and the correct software for whatever card..there is no more (very soon) programming DTV,Dish,or Bev...so U can't use it for TV smartcards....maybe a Blockbuster card!

butler_kennels
Unregistered guest
then what can i do? by a box or something.emailwith some info of what i could do please. thanks so much.

butler_kennels
Unregistered guest
then what can i do? by a box or something.emailwith some info of what i could do please. thanks so much.

LK
Unregistered guest
Learn English..It's USELESS...shove it!...quit asking!

chasrooler
Unregistered guest
Dish Network Hackers Online !

No receiver card or programmer needed !

CLICK HERE

Unregistered guest
Any current DSS subscribers interested in free upgrades from Direct TV. Direct TV offers great deals to new subscribers, but what about the current users? jim123@operamail.com

LK
Unregistered guest
DTV doesn't do FREE upgrades..ocassionally they offer a FREE 2 months on a movie package for cuurent users..

bob dylan
Unregistered guest
how do i use a reciever to get signal?
any recamendations on what to get for dish network?

Anonymous

I have a Directv system that was set up for one TV, because that's all I had at the time. Now I have another TV, and I purchased another receiver on ebay that is the same as the original. How in the world do I hook it up? Nothing I've tried has worked yet, and I REALLY don't want to call them and get raped on the cost of installation.

J Roo
Unregistered guest
For $20.00 direct tv will send you a card for the receiver you purchased on ebay. Direct tv will charge you $5.oo extra each month on your bill for this receiver, you will also have to agree to keeping service for this receiver for a year from the date you hooked it up. You should have just got it from direct tv when you originally got service, they would have given it to you for free, and the only cost would have been the extra $5.00 per month.

If you just want to watch what is on your other tv all you need is a splitter, and you won't need another box hooked up.
J Roo

LK
Unregistered guest
If U want different channels on a 2nd receiver and TV ,then U will have to install a 2nd LNB to your roof dish to the 2nd receiver...U must align this LNB correctly,basically aimed same as the first...U can buy a dual LNB ($35) or add another single LNB ($20)..only other opton is have DTV do the install,which I don't believe is that much ($50 approx)....either way U will need a 2nd card ($20) fron DTV and $5 additional per month to activate it,no matter who installs the 2nd LNB....J Roo is correct about just needing a simple splitter if U want BOTH TV's to, receive the same signals and channels at the same time..whats on 1 Tv is also on the 2nd TV..

fonebook
Unregistered guest
Somebody up above mentioned that recievers with HU cards installed can recieve music, but not video programming. Is this true?

And if it is, would I be able to pick up a proper used reciever/ dish/LMB setup, insert my old HU card from my valid account (the one I used before DTV sent me a new one a year or two ago), and start jammin'?

LK
Unregistered guest
Yes U can use an old DTV receiver,HU card and get music..U can even do that with the old H cards too...the VIDEO packets were stopped with the new cards,not audio..

MN
Unregistered guest
You'll need someone to program one of the old 3Ms on the HU card if you want to get music. Activations don't work, niether will an old sub'd HU card. However, once the 3M is programmed on the HU card, it should work for-ever.

LK lies
Unregistered guest
DirecTV Introduces New Access Card-Rethink TV

DirecTV has introduced yet another "NEW Access Card" into the mix of things for its Satellite system. This new card is now slowly being placed in new IRDs and as well as being sent out as a replacement card now for other reasons to the end users of their subscriptions. It has only been sent out in a very small portion for now but it is being reported a bigger movement and exchange will take place as we move closer to Christmas 2005 this year.

This card was talked about and first showed distribution during the last Superbowl Sunday when DirecTV launched their new add compaign they called "Rethink TV" and along with a new Access Card Logo as well for the company.

Even on the DirecTV website they mention they launched the "Rethink TV" campaign and talked of it and the new access card as well. Beyond that DirecTV mentions nothing about a card swap or what this new card hopes to do or if its being done for any possible piracy reasons or other or ??? They leave that area totally in the dark and most likely for good reason in their minds.

Now since the VA packets being logged, such as it is and best we can do as it is, don't "Appear" or "Seemed" to change in length we would suggest it is merely a repackaging of their product for the most part. The ATR and all info comes back the same as the older P4/D1 cards info using what we can for software and card readers to gather such internal data.

It is also being reported in the "UnderGround" that DirecTV has also fixed some internal "Chip" issues with the release of this new access card and possible future security problems that had been uncovered over the past two years. These so called "Flaws" or "Holes" have been totally "closed, fixed and more" so it is said.

But we can't know for sure if their really is any other internal physical changes as of yet but YOU can be assured DirecTV DID more than just put a new paint job on this new access card.

If it wasn't for the fact that many DirecTV subscripters already have them in hand and in use, we would otherwise have thought that they were going to be used for the promotion of the upcoming MPEG4 systems that will be coming out later this year full boar. But, MPEG4 doesn't require a new card, but a new flashy logo access card and add compaign does seem to be the thing and logicial for the most part in DirecTV's mindset. I would suggest there is only a small amount of cards out as of yet but they are there and I have seen then too as well and it is happening now.

So, in short or maybe the long of it all, DirecTV has made another move to promote its business, push its Satellite system out into a bigger market and most likely no doubt plug some "Holes" they saw or knew of and have made it even itself more " Piracy Proof ", so it seems for now.

"Dish" Satellite Systems is in the process of doing the same with its new cards too, so the DSS Testing World for will be getting even tougher soon if much at all as we go down this road. Time will tell as the DSS world as most here know of it, changes and continues to "Shrink". JMHO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us