Poor life of projector bulns in LCD TV

Username: Saccatman

Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 1
We purchased a Panasonic 50" LCD TV last February. First bulb lasted 14 months. Second bulb lasted 5 months. WAY too expensive. WAY to short life of bulbs. Anybody have any suggestions or a cheaper place to buy replacement bulbs? At $ 350-400 per bulb we may get rid of the TV and go back to the old style. Not long enough life, replacements too expensive.

which one?
Unregistered guest
I still don't understand why people buy projection TVs... in few years the manifacturer will discontinue this type of bulbs and then you will have to get rid of the Tv anyway... they always do that... I have a 6 years old camcorder for which I cannot find an original replacement battery...

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
This is what i kept writing on this forum everytime a poster brings the "positives" of purchasing a RP micro display TV {DLP, LCD, D-ILA or LCoS} over a flat panel, particulary a plasma.

There's not a positive cost-effective solution to the lamp problem. Too much money is wasted in these unreliable lamps, these aren't cheap, just like i had been saying over and over, the OP is living proof of how costly owning one of these RPTV sets is.

And the worst part is Panasonic is running out of stock {if they haven't already} which is set to last 7-years on inventory AFTER the model has been discontinue., but at this rate, there won't be any lamps left to perform under warranty work much less to sell.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Bill,

Unfortunately there's no other way to obtain cheaper lamps for these TVs. The best thing you should do is to sell the TV., If you still want to own a big screen TV, and i assume you do, you can get one of the regular CRT RPTVs, although they are not as slender or lighter as their micro display brothers, you won't be wasting money on lamps., Mitsubishi offers a variety of these ranging from 46" to 73".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us