Attn: James

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
I have good news. One Call Call me as promised and they will be taking the set back at their own expense, they already issue the RA# and i'm just waiting a 2nd call from them and ABF.

I'm so glad with the positive outcome of this., the only worry i have is finding a box large enough to cover the original one, which suffer some damage on the screen area and won't resist another trip back.

If i decide to purchase a pro series Panny, i will go see it in person and spend a few hours making sure every feature i want is available on the chosen model and i will make sure the saleman show them to me before handling my credit card.

which one?
Unregistered guest
The problem is that there are not so many places where you can see the industrial Panasonic plasma.
Please let me know, because I am also thinking of buying the 42 EDTV 8UK model.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
There's a a few broadcast equipment dealers and audio and video showrooms in my area, hopefully there's one {or more} that might carry these units. And they are, the local CBS and ABC stations have these on their sets.

If i can't locate a dealer near me that carry them, i won't buy it. I believe one Panasonic is more than enough proof., the only way i **might** change my decision and will consider investing in one of thouse Pros is to see them in person.

The PX50U had nice colors and true Blacks, but i cannot afford to spend $2,600. for a so-called "namebrand" TV that will be ruin within 2-months just because the manufacturer {Panasonic} decided the best way to make them affordale is to elimate key essential features that will extent the life of the unit.

which one?
Unregistered guest
we have a NEC plasma at work and of course it has several images that are burned-in. But then again LCD is still too expensive. Maybe with proper care burn in will not happened. But then again - I just want to watch TV and don't think too much about burn-in etc... maybe I just won't buy a new TV and wait for better times...

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
NECs tend to get burn-in faster and easier than any other brand. I've read image retention on NECs can be visible within a week. And using the White wash will not erase the problem completely, the longer you use it {White wash} the faster the contrast and brightness is reduce.

Proper break-in care procedures include reducing the contrast and brightness to less than 50% and activating the screen orbiter. The chances of image retention and early ghosting signs are greatly reduced when the orbiting feature is active., The problem lies with the units that don't have this feature.

JMR
Unregistered guest
Great news Perrey! I did conferm that the new consumer has NO screen saver of ANY type, As you know the commercial has many. I have my sets on a timer to do a screen sweep for 15 min. every day. I am glad you got to replace the set.

Username: Bruzzi

Post Number: 10
Panasonic Consumer Models don't have screen savers since the 6th Generation PA/PX 20 Models.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
I have taken the decision i won't get anymore consumer plasmas. I don't need the tuner or speakers but might need the stand for some.

Cosmetic appearance is A-must for me., specially Silver, High-Gloss {piano} Black, White, combination or Aluminum, i don't want my TVs to look to industrial. Do you know if the mask from the 7UY is removable? The shade of Gray or Black is depressing, if i get one i will re-paint it to match the decor.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us