Help! hdtv receiver + over the air antenna not worki

cody lee
Unregistered guest
rescently bought a samsung Sir-T451, and have a terk indoor antenna, I am in a very populated area, but the antenna still reads no signal, any help? (ps, no tall buildings or trees around)

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 229
I live in the middle of a 'very populated area' too. As a matter of fact, I get TV signals from 5 different directions, none more than 25 miles away. However, I live in what I refer to as a 'Taco Bell' house, i.e. Spanish Mediterranean styling, e.g. stucco construction. The problem, in my case, is the walls of my house contain wire mesh, which acts as a shield, and does a fine job of keeping out TV signals, cell phone signals, and so forth.

Bottom line: I have to run an indoor antenna with a built-in amplifier, otherwise, I cannot receive TV signals. If I turn the amplifier off, I get nothing...

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
BTW, here's the antenna I'm using these days:

http://ecoustics.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=2723919&search=jen sen+910

Runs circles around everything I've tried, including the official FCC reference antenna for data broadcasting:

http://ecoustics.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=2723989&search=Zen ith+ZHDTV1

cody lee
Unregistered guest
another thing is I live in a 3 story apt. on the 1st floor, and I've tried 2 jensen antennas and this terk antenna, and I am just not having any luck. I got 2 or 3 bars of signal at 1 point from the jensen, but thats it.

Peas
Unregistered guest
Search online for the Zenith Silver Sensor, best all around antenna for about $30.

Peas

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
I had a 'Silver Streak', and it worked pretty good for a non-amplified antenna, however, it is super directional. This may, or may not, be a good thing, depending on your situation. It was NOT good for me, because I receive broadcasts from 5 different directions.

The second link, above, e.g. the official FCC reference antenna, is the Zenith Silver Sensor. You can get them for 20 bones on the web. I paid double that amount locally...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us