PC dvi to LCD problem

Username: Mybikexjr

Post Number: 1
Hi all
If anyone can help Please
My nephew just purchased a Phillips 68cm Lcd TV Model 26PF9956 and he wants to connect a LG HD set top box, dvd & PC to this unit.

We got the dvd, stb working fine but when we connected the PC via the DVI connection we got a red background on the LCD screen.

I tested the graphics card in my pc and connected it to my LG Plasma via the DVI cable that was supplied with the Plasma and it works fine so the problem seems to be either with the cable we used or the Phillips LCD TV itself.

With this silly LCD it will not accept a video signal from the STB using DVI you have to use component and/or VGA connection.

DVI is assigned for PC only according to Phillips

Thanks

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
That's odd, in the U.S. Philips advise not to use PCs on their TVs DVI or HDMI inputs.

These LCDs tend to be difficult accepting AND displaying certain resolutions with computers., you have to re-adjust the resolution of the computer to match the resolutions from the TV and connect the PC only thru the TV's VGA {D-Sub 15} input.

Try it like this:

STB=> DVI.
DVD=> Component.
PC==> VGA.

Username: Mybikexjr

Post Number: 2
Thanks For your input Perrey Z.
I emailed Phillips here in Aust and got a reply from them today.

They told me to set Resolution and Refresh Rate prior to connecting the PC to the LCD and they sent a list of Refresh rates to use and that this should resolve my problem.

I tried STB & DVD=> DVI it did not work
I also tried PC=> VGA works Fine

This Phillips LCD Manufactured for Australia uses the DVI-D for PC only and the only way I can Connect components to the LCD are as follows acorrding Phillips Aust.

STB=> Component
DVD=> VGA uses component to VGA adaptor supplied
PC==> DVI

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us