Free satelliteTV is over

LK
Unregistered guest
Newbies...warning before embarking on FTA or any Free satellite TV expectations

Nagra2 is upon us. Black screens lay ahead. If you are considering buying an FTA receiver for the purpose of seeing Dish Network, your time is now limited to a couple of months or less. There is no receiver that currently has Nagra2 capability.

Bell ExpressVu, one of the two major providers that have been tested by FTA hobbyists, is now 100% secure with Nagra2 as of 7/15/05. Dish Network has at this time switched international channels, po*rn, and several premium movie channels to nagra2. Pay-per-view and the rest of the premium channels will be gone very soon. In the next few months, everything on Dish Network will be using the extremely secure Nagra2 encryption.

DirecTV is not and probably never will be hacked like in the old days. So don't expect to get free TV there.

There has been some optimistic talk from some insiders about a process called "Card Sharing" but all videos showing card sharing have been revealed to be fakes. If there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it is between the lines of the Pirate TV channel now being shown on Dish Network. The announcer claims that "Dish Network will be implementing new types of Electronic Countermeasures..." This suggests that perhaps DN is aware that hackers are working on solutions. But absolutely nothing credible has yet to come forward.

The reason I'm saying this now instead of a few months back is because the cost of purchasing a complete FTA system to be used with Dish Net no longer justifies what you would save over having a subscription. Nagra2 is now right around the corner and Nag-1 channels will soon be dropping off on a daily basis.

If you do buy FTA equipment at this time, it is advised to buy with the intention of viewing True free-to-air satellite TV. This consists of several network affiliates, international programming, and a handful of variety programming, news, and music channels.

I've been a respected member and moderator at many sites for well over years now. These sites and its members are like family to me. That's why I don't want to see anyone get scammed by dealers with false promises. I'm laying the hard, ugly truth right out on the line so that people can make informed decisions.

I suggest sharing a subscription with your family and friends..its not free TV, but its the next best thing.

Hello-LK
Unregistered guest
LK,

Please help. I'm just interested in watching Chinese channels. How to watch them with CoolSat4000 Pro?

How to add Galaxy 23 to channel list?

Thank you.

Anonymous

Hi,

You are very generous. Thanks LK for the post.

LK
Unregistered guest
Hello...

Dish Network has at this time switched INTERNATIONAL (includes CHINESE) channels, po*rn, and several premium movie channels to NAGRA2.

Hello - LK
Unregistered guest
LK,

Thank you for answering the question.

But I still should be able to get chinese channels from Galaxy 13/Horizons 1 at 127.0°W. Is this correct? If it is. How to add the satellite and channels to channel list .ndf file (used for CoolSat4000 pro)? and how to adjust dish to aim the satellite?

Thank you very much.

dishphil
Unregistered guest
1 question & 1 comment

Is it possible to modify a receiver bought at a yard sale (dish network - direct tv ECT) to get FTA while they still exsist?
(moast I see have the cards but unknown as to what is on them)

comment
this site needs register posting to avoid some of the immature postings I have seen.

thank you
Phil

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 630
No it can't be done.

LK
Unregistered guest
-Mable Leaf-The only thing that can't be....
is U DICK Head!!!!

Unregistered guest
can you to tell me how to pirate dish for the time that is left. once they change to Nagra2 it will be too late to do this. so can anybody give me the instructions to be able to pirate dish so I can watch all the channels for free. at least until they change to nagra2. please send me an email if you know how to do this. i appreciate it.

LK
Unregistered guest
[link removed] for a wide open dishnetwork hack contact milli

LK
Unregistered guest
This is a c/p from Fordman, he is on the staff @ Card Coders.

I recently had the opportunity to talk a respected person in this hobby. What transpired in this conversation was that there is some truth to these rumours although some have been grossly exagerated. I myself was given the opportunity to see it at work and it does indeed work. With that being said i'd like to say this:

This announcement is written hopefully to serve many purposes. The first is to address the rumors currently running rampant about a nagra2 hack. The second topic is to inform the public what to expect from a nagra2 hack, which will help discern future rumors from fiction, and to hopefully just all around give a better understanding of the futile nature of hacking this generation of smart cards, commericially or publically.

Both of the above topics tie in very closing due to one word seen tossed around the internet in the most recent rumor, "clone". Please be aware that if and when a nagra 2 hack becomes available, the only way to get around the new card <-> Ird encryption for control words will be to clone the camid on the cards, and to clone every ird with the boxkey and ird from that sub. Before I get into the numberous problems this raises, I would fist like to state that method is one of the only 2 methods available. The second method requires firmware modding, and is less secure in a public environment than cloning cam/ird/box. At least with cloning those, along with the dt08, and however the private key is stored for the cmd 2a/2b agreement, some variety of different id's will be in receivers vs. all the same firmware mods which is easily detectable. Now before anyone calls me out on how I would know this, or calls BS, please in these very forums are partial dissasemblies of the ird with the pertanent info as well as good overviews of how the dt08 is decrypted and session keys are established. Nagravision has done an excellent job with the latest round of ecm encryption. It has made things like camsharing more difficult, and things like stable plastic hacks virtually impossible. There likely will be no way around cloning since RSA is involved and we will not be able to create the dt08, or the private key on the card since we do not have required keys.

Therein lies the futility of hacking nagra2, should you actually hack it, it would be childsplay for them to attack the cloned ird's. Should you mod the firmware, they can easily detect the keys inside the ird have been modified. Let us not forget that this is only one method of security as well. Some Nagra2 cards do not have a dt08. A key lies inside the ird. Little is known about this so far, other than cloning would not work with such an ird, and since only certain receivers utilize this key, a one for all hack is no longer within easy grasp. Should nagra2 be compromised, there is no future for public hacking. Privately it can be hacked, but know that pirating TV as you all know and love it is dead.

On to these rumors. There are things about these particular rumors that have an air of truth about them, don't go all crazy about it. The fact that two things in particular are mentioned, one cloning, and two that a certain 301 model doesn't work with it, would certainly be correct of any hack from nagra2 that came from a non certain 301 model. In that there rings truth. However, people have been cloning ird's to move cards around, and it is easy to get duped into seeing what you wish to see.

Be very wary of purchasing any cards if the current rumors hold true. I believe there will be a good amount of time before they attack, but once they do, it's pretty much over. This of course is only based upon the fact of how much more secure session keys have made things with the combination of rsa and IDEA. This doesn't even scratch the surface on what could be inside the card. I would imagine the control words aren't the only thing that uses IDEA and rsa for added security. It also appears that nagra may have not made the same mistake of public keys shared accross multiple rom revisions. It would be easy for them to update the ecm handling of newer roms without revealing the process and swap out all older roms. Strap yourselves in for a ride, because wether the hack is out or not, testing is over as you know it.

dssamateur
Unregistered guest
Newbie here. can anybody tell me how to fix a Stealth 2000 from freezing?

LK
Unregistered guest
Manually input the keys which have probably slipped off the first 2 digits by using an autoroll.

Read this about PICTURE FREEZING.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/151437.html

LK
Unregistered guest
I'm hoping that this sticky will answer once and for all one of the most persistent newb questions: "What can I get?". After posting this, any further questions of this nature are subject to immediate deletion. If they're not deleted, they will be subject to "READ, READ, READ" types of responses.

What can I get with a Dave Dish and LNB?
With a single Dave (or Dish 300) and single LNB, you can get BEV's main satellite 91, or you can get either 110 or 119 (the two principal Dish satellites). You can also point it at 61.5 or 148 to get a few local channels. You could point it at BEV 82, but since HD is now Nagra2-encrypted, it's not worth it.Bev is now dead and all Nagra2.

Can I get 110 and 119 with a single Dave dish and LNB?
1 LNB = 1 satellite. Sorry.

Can I get 121 or 105 with a Dave dish and LNB?
No. You need a Ku linear LNB and at least a 30" dish to get those. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii, you need a 1.2 meter dish.

What can I get besides Dish and BEV?
You can use your receiver for what it was made for-- free to air. There are two types of FTA channels. Ku-band generally requires a 36" dish and Ku linear LNB. This is unencrypted, mostly foreign-language programming. C-band requires a big 7-10 foot dish (some people can get away with a 5-6 foot). It also requires an analog receiver OR positioner to move the dish. You can't control a BUD-- Big Ugly Dish-- with an FTA receiver. C-band equipment is a little hard to come by and may piss off the wife, the neighbors, the landlord, or the homeowner's association but the reward is many free, unencrypted English-language channels.

So then, what good is my 18" dish?
Get rid of it. I can't be more blunt than that.

Do any FTA channels have premium movies and po*rn?
No. Sorry.

Can't I just use my Dave dish and LNB for the free stuff?
Sure. If you want to be limited to NASA, Sky Angel, promo channels, and music channels. FTA requires bigger dishes and different types of LNBs than Dish and BEV use.

Is there a list somewhere of all the FTA channels?
Yes. www.lyngsat. com. Channels colored yellow are FTA. Frequencies 3700-4200 are C-band and require the 6-10 foot dish setup. Frequencies 11700-12200 are Ku-band and require only a 36" dish setup. In most cases, you are limited to channels that are listed as "DVB". Keep in mind:

* Digicipher2 and NTSC are not viewable with a DVB FTA receiver.

* Free Digicipher2 channels require a 4DTV C-band receiver.

* Free NTSC channels require either an analog or 4DTV C-band receiver.

* Most Channels that are colored pink are not available because they are encrypted. PowerVu and Videoguard channels are not hacked and cannot be seen.

* Nagravision, Irdeto, and Viaccess channels can only be be seen if the keys are available.

* Formats such as 8PSK and 4:2:2 are not viewable with consumer-grade FTA receivers-- even if they are not encrypted. For those you need commercial-grade receivers that will run you about $3000

Username: Vpower

Post Number: 1
Ok,
being legit, can I get local TV with FTA?

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us