Need your opinion please!!!

Username: Redwin

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, new to the forums! After spending almost half of my day reading everyone's post on "Nagra2's merge from Dishnet' etc.. I have a couple of questions, I just learned about the FTA service 2 days ago. Didn't even know this existed so please bear with me. Anyway question #1, should I even bother buying an FTA receiver if Nagra2 is on its way? And let's say it's ok to buy the receiver, if Nagra2 is hacked... would I be able to use the same receiver I bought, or do I need to change to a receiver that has Nagra2 capabilities? Another question if it's ok to buy a receiver, what receiver do you guys recommend. I'm looking for a good one that has a DVR (Tivo). Last question, my friend mentioned that I'll be able to program DTV channels when I get the receiver, is this true? If so, what links do you guys recommend. Please help! My eyes are burning already from reading so much input from you guys. I sit in a computer from 8 to 5pm, to then head home to the research more. Thanks for taking your time to read this, help me with your opinions to all your questions above.

PS: 'Maple Leaf', I read a lot of your threads and post's' as most of the people around here, you seem to be on the ball with these features. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks man!

Red

papacito
Unregistered guest
hello red, look there is not a fix for n2 just yet, so i would recomend, that you enjoy the chanels you have left......as for a reciever for n2, there is not, i repeat there is not, a reciever capable to recieve n2, there are some rumors about a n2 fix, but nothing sure, do not buy any reciever, nor believe any body just yet,
dtv made the change over a year ago, and there is no fix for it yet, so just wait, wait and wait.
like we all

firefly
Unregistered guest
dude, save your money. there are no fta that is N2 ready or such...wait until Dicknetwork completely switch over to N2 then we'll see if there is indeed a hack for N2 as rumored. Also, fta can not receive dtv channels.

Bronze Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 13
Rumors are rampid, could be worth while waiting, but then again it is up to you, in might be months away yet the N2 no one knows for sure, it's all speculation on everyone's part, I bought 2 months ago and have been enjoying FTA for as long as it lasts and in the hopes that there will be a hack down the road when N2 does come into play.
The cost of an FTA is rather cheap for what you get if you have everything else (Dish etc). so it's really up to you if even a few months of FTA is worth aprox. $150.00 to get a reciever they can be had for less on EBay.
Anyway I am enjoying it while I can.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us