Samsung 5063

Username: Ruke

Post Number: 2
I'm having issues with my new DLP. I have DirectTV coming on Saturday to install my new dish and then I will have HD, however the picture that I currently have is not great(using component hookup). I am having this "sunburnt look" on everyone (regular cable not DVD, which is great). I have tried several times to adjust the color and that isn't doing the trick. I'm wondering if anyone else can offer any insight into color tuning or is this just the way the tv looks. The picture is also rather blurry - is this just the way it will be? I know the HD channels will probably look great, but I watch other channels and for $2000 want a tv that has a good picture.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. thx....

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 140
Try these settings!

Picture Mode = Standard
Color Tone = Normal
DNIE = On
Digital Noise Reduction = Off

Contrast = 95
Brightness = 45-50
Sharpness = 20
Color = 43-46
Tint = will be greyed out using component cables

In Setup and Color Weakness adjust the green to 2 or 3.

Remember that you bought a 50 inch set that converts or scales standard definition NTSC 4:3 format signal to 720 progressive lines of resolution. It's enlarged! Don't expect terrific results with inferior inputs. It's made to receive Enhanced digital or HD format signals and display them fabulously. Proper viewing distance should be 10 feet or greater.

If you don't have a terretrial ATSC tuner/receiver you need to get one so you can receive free Enhanced digital networks with primetime HD programs off-air using a standard UHF antenna. I highly reccommend the Samsung Direct TV HD/Terrestrial SIR TS360 receiver. It combines the off-air Enhanced Def signals with the DTV programming in one guide and one output. It's far better than the H10 Hughes receiver. You will begin to watch less and less standard def with this setup.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=2485266&search=Samsung+S IR-TS360

Username: Ruke

Post Number: 3
Thanks so much.... I'll give it a try!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us