Toshiba 62HM95

Bronze Member
Username: Bangbang023

Brooklyn, NY United State...

Post Number: 25
We just put the new Toshiba 62HM95 out at work. Before turning it on, it's obvious to see that chasis is beautiful looking. The silver speakers with black framing around the screen area adds a nice distinction between things. However, once we turned the set on, my enthusiasm faded. Even after considerable tweaking, the black levels are simply not good and the colors, overall, seem a little washed out. Anyone else see this set yet and notice the same things? After the xxHM84 series, I was seriously hoping for something better than this.

Username: Tdti1

Post Number: 6
I read that the black should be great, thats not a good start, what is feeding the TV? the set can do 1080p also. I was thinking about getting a Toshiba, now I am again not sure what to get :-(

Post Number: 7
Opps my bad I am waiting for the 62MX195

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Well, I'm sure I'll get slack for saying this, but I work at a Best Buy, so it's obvious that the signal going in isn't the greatest to begin with. However, that shouldn't make a difference in the black levels. I plan on finding more time tomorrow to tweak around with it some more and see if I can get it to come around, but, as of now, I'm simply unimpressed.

Post Number: 8
When you guys get the 1080p models in let us no how they look.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Ha, we'll never get those in. The stores stock themselves based on the neighborhood and people around here don't want the good stuff because it costs too much.

Anyways, I'll get back after tweaking it more and see if I can improve things a little.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
well, I tweaked a bit more and I must say it's actually much better than I thought. The black levels could be a little better, but they are definitely very good. I think, right now, this is one of my favorite sets.

Post Number: 9
Cool I may get the set, though I have extended my house and may get the 72" when it comes out :-) not sure though, what is the best distance to view the 62"?

GregS
Unregistered guest
is the hm95 set a lot better then that of the hm94 from what you can tell other then the extra hdmi port
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us