Marantz DV 6500 and DV7600

Username: Johnhenry

Post Number: 3
Does anybody happen to know what chipsets the latest Marantz units use? I'm in the process of returning a Denon 1910 (macroblocking Faroudja 23XX chipset) and don't want to fall in to the same issue with my display.

Anonymous

I have had the DV6400 and found it to be a solid unit that passes below black and played everything very well. However I was not pleased with the layer change and the lack of color saturation and depth to the picture. (This was after calibration with the S&V test disc) The DV6500 is essentially the same unit so I have not been in a rush to get it.
Marantz will have a new DV6600 soon with some new features that make me think a new chipset is involved. http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/shownews.php?id=8109
The DV7600 looks very good and I would consider it except the $1000 price tag holds me back.
You might want to see if the new Denon 1920 solved any of the macroblocking issues or go with the new Panasonics that are getting great reviews.
I myself went with a Pioneer 588, at a little over $100 it will keep me going until I check out the Marantz DV6600 or until the new HD format is out.

Anonymous

Bad news? The new DV6600 is listed with the faroudja chip. The other "New" models 4600,7600,9600 do not list this chip being used. The new Denon 1920 also shows the faroudja chip. Panasonic has managed to fix many of the macroblock issues with firmware updates but many are still having issues so what do we do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us