DVD Recording and Editing setup

Anonymous

Following are my objectives -- Any comments/recommendations regarding buying/performance of products/proposed solution?
1) dvd camcorder --- 1st choice so far Sony Handycam DCR-DVD403
2) need to edit mini-DVD, Hi8 from Sony CCD-TR700 and older Sony 8mm tapes, and VHS and be able to convert all to DVD (-+R RW whatever is most universal for playback) Does the Panasonic DMR-ES10K DVD Recorder fit this need? or does it need to be Sony (ie SONY DVD Recorder Player and VCR Combination Unit RDR-VX500)
or do I need to do this on the computer?

I am looking for simplest approach. -- my editing will either be to archive family holidays or simply cut and paste video segments onto DVDs (making copies of selections for friends and family)
3) If this is better done on computer please recommend an Internal DVD recorder that can take place of existing internal DVD player (HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8161B) and an external video capture capability that can take advantage of the USB 2.0 port (am I on track here?)
4) Am using Windows 2000 Pro/2.65GHz/512K Ram - USB2.0 --I Like Nero for CD burning -- are their DVD burning capabilities just as good if not, what is better?
-- What else do I need to have or to look out for? Any special cables?
Thank you!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1327
If you want to edit with the panasonic, you would have to use RAM discs. Then if you wanted to convert those to DVD-R, you would need a RAM compatible burner and a program to do it. If you want to edit, get a recorder with a hard drive.

Anonymous

Thank you David - Do you think the Panasonic DMR-EH50S will live up to the job?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1330
yes

Anonymous

Thank you!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us