Samsung dlp trouble

Username: Newcastle916

Post Number: 1
ive got a hln4365wx when i turn it on the screachn buzz saw noise starts then set comes on for about 5 seconds then goes off and the lamp and temp light flash does this sound like the color wheel ive read about in other posts

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 123
Not really.

It sounds like the cooling fan for the lamp.
The temp senser is shuting down the set.

That fan isn't difficult to replace. $60
Make sure you get the right one. There are two.
Call them!

http://www.samsungparts.com/search/search.asp

BP31-00001A FAN G6015M12B2-RH (WS) ,HLM507W,WITH 3PI $59.78
BP31-00002A FAN G9225L12B2-FS (WS) ,HLM507W,WITH 3PI $58.95

Post Number: 2
i checked it out today and the noise is definately coming from the clor wheel area and the fan for the bulb comes on with no noise is the colort wheel hard to replace thanks

Post Number: 3
would maybe the wheel heating up cuz of bad bearing cause the set to shut down

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 125
Here is the test.

Turn the set on. The color wheel and fan are both spinning.
Turn the set off. The color wheel stops immediately. The fan continues to run for a minute to cool off the lamp.
If the noise stops at the moment of power down, it's the color wheel. If the noise continues after power down, it's the fan.

I'm not convinced it's the color wheel, but if it is, it's not a big deal, either. Two top mounted screws hold it in front of the lamp housing. The wheel slides up out of slots.

Post Number: 4
i actually pulled the lamp out to check the color wheel is screaming and fan isnt am goin to order a color wheel just wondering if it would cause it to shut off the set didnt want to order one thing then have to turn around and order another

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 128
According to another post the color wheel can fly to pieces and the set will still function as a black and white tv.

It has to be a temp fail safe circuit that's causing the shutdown. That's why you should perform the test I mentioned.

Post Number: 5
i pulled the color wheel out and powered it up and set stayed on in black and white it on right now so maybe its staying on cuz its in free air not enclosed so its getting more air im just gonna order the wheel thanks for all your help

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 132
Here the fan running?
No more noise with the wheel out?

Just curious.

Post Number: 6
actually lamp wont light without wheel hooked up but wheel is definately bad fans are running fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us