Is HDMI important?

Username: Heshie

Post Number: 1
I a looking to buy a new DVD player to go along with a new Plasma I am looking into. The plasma is a Pasasonic TH-42PX50U. It has an HDMI interface. Should I look for a DVD player such as the Sony DVP NS975V. It also has the HDMI interface, does it make that much of a difference when viewing DVD's?

crazydude
Unregistered guest
If it is an upconverting one, it would make some difference. I'd wait till the end of the year when the High Def. next generation DVD players. Then you'll see a big difference.

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 156
crazydude, I wonder how much difference the HD players will make. All of the new 1080p displays that are coming out do not support 1080p inputs so the HD players will need to convert to 1080i and then be reconverted to 1080p in the display. Until the displays that can support native 1080p inputs arrive I don't think you are going to see the PQ inprovements you believe.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1365
HDMI makes an incredible difference. I own a Denon DVD2910 with the HDMI interface and a Sony LCD RPTV hi def display. The difference with HDMI is spectacular. Almost evry movie looks great. Not quite hi def but damn close.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us