JVC LT-40X776 and LT-37X776 LCD TV

Anonymous

I was not aware of those models until someone suggested them to me - they look pretty good and at a good price.
Has anyone purchased those units? Any + or - feedback is welcome.
Thanks!

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Yeah that was me.

These two models are VERY difficult to find at B&M stores and the majority of the online e-tailers. None of the authorized retailers i've visited in my area seem to have a solid answer why they haven't got them yet. Only http://www.dtvcity.com/ appears to have them in stock.

Good prices and terrific specs., unfortunately they have no VGA input. I'm still debating if i should get this 40" JVC, the Samsung LN-R408D or a 45" Aquos for my game room.

Anonymous

I just went to my local BrandSmartUSA (South Florida) - they have the 37' LCD JVC on display - very good picture.
The only problem I have is that with small kids the LCD front glass/screen is very fragile and easy to break... so I am still considering plasma. They have tick glass in the front - not that easy to break. The 37' panasonic plasma has almost the same price as the 37' LCD JVC.
So I don't know - it is not easy... I wish I do not have so many choises...

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
OH DEAR GOD! AVOID BRANDSMART AT ALL COST!!!
The prices seems good but once you take it home pray nothing bad happens to it. You know their non-existent return policy for LCDs and Plasmas is only 5-days, right?

The majority of the things from that retailer arrived defective or become defective within the first 60-days when you try to exchange defective merchandise, their employees will accuse you of damaging the merchandise yourself, they will even open the products to make sure you haven't stole any internal parts.

Their terrible sales approach, non-existent return policies, awful customer service, horrible after sales service {if you can call it "service"} and the worst delivery procedures i've ever seen it's what makes BrandsMart U.S.A. the worst retailer to purchase TVs or anything after Best Buy of course.

Check http://www.resellerratings.com/ and Google "brandsmart usa complaints" and you'll see what i mean.

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback - how about my concern about the screen on the lcd tv, is this a sufficient reason to go after plasma? I've seens this in our office - lcd screens are very easy to brake.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Both technologies use thin glass, so there's not a great advantage over the other. However, i've notice the outer plasma glass tend to be thicker than the LCD equivalent like you've mentioned. For your little ones safety {and your sanity} go with a Plasma.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us