HDTV build in LCD TV with cable card - which one?

Anonymous

I am looking for a HDTV (build in) LCD TV (30-40 inches) with a build in cable card slot. Budget: 3K.
Based on my research the candidates are:
few Samsung models
few Sharp models
Am I missing something?
Any resomendations, suggestions, experiences?
Thanks a lot!

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
JVC's newest 40" HDTV LCD. This is the best price i've seen from an authorized dealer., the only limitation i see is there's no VGA input, so you cannot use as a computer monitor.

http://www.dtvcity.com/jvc-lcd/jvc-lt40x776.html

Advise: call Victor Co. at; 1-800-252-5722 to make sure DTV City is authorized to sell their products. Although they are authorized for some of the other brands their reseller status with JVC is not clearly stated.

Anonymous

This sounds realy good! Has anyone seen the picture? How is the picture quality? Even the 37' looks good to me.

Anonymous

here is what I think: instead of spending 3K on good 32' lcd or 40' plasma TV today, why not buy the Sony XBR CRT now for 1500 and in 3 years buy a 32' LCD TV for another 1500 - by that time the LCD TV will be as good as the CRT is today (or maybe even better), and the price will be 1/2 of what is today. So for 3k you will end up with 2 good tvs. Am I the only one that thinks rationaly here? Who cares that the CRT is 200 lb. Flat screen are only to impress housewifes... think about it: if you buy hifi components, will you buy the best looking amp or the large, ugly, better performing amp? This is a no-brainer to me...

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
2nd Anonymous from Sunday, July, 17th 2:36AM;

32" LCDs no longer cost $3,000.00 and 40" plasma are no longer available.

Great advice! spend $1,500.00 now and then another $1,500.00 in 3-years, do you think the retailers will take the $1,500.00 XBR as a trade-in? jezz!

Why would ANYONE want to purchase a heavy 34" tube TV at this time when the prices for flat panels are dropping? It didn't make ANY sense the first time you'd posted it and still doesn't make any sense now.

You're right, flat screens do impressed the wives, hubbies, mothers-in-law, fathers-in Law, uncles, aunts, cousins, co-workers, mailmen, teachers, Plumers, and a whole lot other people, that's why everyone wants to own flat panels TVs, because the time for owning/purchasing these 200-lbs. XBR Wegas, TAUs, and Tru-Flat behemoths has passed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us