TpaPanasonic VCR

Username: Drd

Post Number: 1
I am having trouble with my Panasonic VCR. When I turn on the play or rewind button, it goes for a few seconds, then stops. I eject the tape and find the film itself is falling out the back of the tape box. The video gives the messageF05. My handbook says that means there is trouble and we have to call a repairperson. Does anyone know what the trouble might be and just how much repair will be involved? is there anything we can try ourselves? We have tried turning it off and on. Unplugging and replugging. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1309
Open it and see if there's something stopping the reels from turning, tape label, something the kids put in it, etc.

Username: Drd

Post Number: 2
what do you mean by open it? Open which part of it? I have looked in through the place where you put the video. There are two shiny things back in the back, maybe the reels. The one on the left looks tilted and bigger than the one on the right. If i would open it, where should I open it, and could I put it together correctly again, or do you have to be really mechanical to do this?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1314
Take the top off and see if anything is stopping the two black reels under the carriage from turning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us