NO PICTURE ... HELP!!

Username: Aprgrad2004

Tuscaloosa, AL United States

Post Number: 1
I sucesfully brought home my COMCAST Digital Cable box and attatched it to my TV and its working properly. THEN came the DVD player... already fearing this I employed my father for help. ALL the red, white & yellow cords are in the in/out spots, how difficult can it be!! Dad wants me to just call the COMCAST people, but I would rather try yalls help than having to call and be put on hold then make an appointment to just wait around for 5hrs again.
ANY THOUGHTS .... PLEASE!!!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 922
How is your box connected to your tv? How many and what type of inputs does your tv have?

AL United States

Post Number: 2
I have a coaxle cable going from the wall into the COMCAST Cable box then another coaxle cable going out of the COMCAST Cable box and into my TV. As far as DVD set up goes, the COMCAST Cable box has all the red, white and yellow input/output slots so I am confused why its not the picture isnt comminf through. The DVD player SAYS its playing I just cant see/hear anything.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1307
Connect the DVD player to the TV, not the box. Then set the TV on whatever input you used.

AL United States

Post Number: 3
Well, I would connect the DVD player to my TV HOWEVER.... my TV is so old that it doesnt have any of those connections. Before I had the Comcast box I used this modulator thigie to connect my TV to my DVD player.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1308
Use the modulator, you can connect the output of the box to the modulator too. If you want to use the box, you need to set it on auxillary to watch the player.

AL United States

Post Number: 4
I cannot use the modulator because where the modulator goes is where the COMCAST coaxle cable is going so there is no room. Therefore, I guess I will have to try setting the box to Auxiliary. NOW, I need to figure out how to do that. My COMCAST box is made by General Instruments if that helps... I do not see an "Auxiliary" button on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1315
The modulator should have RCA inputs for the DVD and a coax input for the box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us