Samsung HLN467WX woes!!!

Username: Sucker

Post Number: 1
Had this TV delivered 48days ago, and it is a new factory refurb. I do have a 90 day warranty, and have already contacted Samsung of my problems.

I recently encountered having my video image fade to black, I do get a audio feed, but no video image. Did the power on and power off routine, picture comes back for a minute or two and fades to black. I also notice that when I power it on and off it takes longer for the picture to reapprear. This is happening after the tv has been on for an hour or so and that the back of the tv gets very hot. I'm not getting the 3 lights of death yet but fear it may happen very soon.

My lamp code is BP96-00224c(P) am I to assume that this is a Philips lamp? Anyway I'm starting to regret making this purchase, and I have not heard back from Samsung's warranty department yet.

I have the option of purchasing a 2 year warranty for $144 and a 3year lamp replacement warranty for $99. But I'm not a big fan of aftermarket warranties for they always seem to give you the run around.

Bronze Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 100
Call 1-800-SAMSUNG and ask for the Executive Customer Relations Dept. Tell them you don't want a refurb that fails in the first 60 days. Tell them it's unacceptable and ask for an exchange. They may or may not offer an upgrade, but stick to your position for an exchange. They will take care of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us