Toshiba 52HM84 - Possible Power-up Issue. Please Help!

Username: George_danton

Post Number: 1
I am hoping to get some information from any existing owners of the Toshiba 52HM84 DLP TV on the TV's power-up sequence.

I have just purchase a new 52HM84 DLP TV and it seems to work fine but, when I start it after it has been off for several hours it makes a funny clicking noise before it starts. It also takes about 30 sec to start.

The Red LED light at the front of the units stays on but the Green Light blinks about three times then I hear a click, click noise. It then repeats this process about three times before the TV finally stays on. It seems to be trying to start and then fails (the clicking noise - two times). Again it repeats this cycle about three and sometimes four times before it finally starts. It takes about 30 sec total time to start.

I do have the Quick Restart feature enabled and it starts very quickly with no problems when it has only been off for a few minutes or so.

If this is normal I have no problems. The start time (30 sec) is not an issue, but I am worried about the clicking noise and the flashing of the green light. Could there be something wrong with the bulb that could develop into a problem later on? The manual indicates that the blinking of the green light means the lamp is not working properly, but perhaps this is normal during a cold power-up?

Please let me know if this is normal?

Thank you for your help.

msh
Unregistered guest
Good Luck with this one. Although you're already having better luck than I have.

I had a new 52HM94 (only difference is it's integrated) delivered on April 13th. It would only do the clicking (actually powering on and off) eight times without ever showing a picture and then shut down completely. The manual indicated this was a lamp problem. Replacement lamp did not fix it. Sent it to repair center and they couldn't fix it. They replaced the Light Engine and numerous other parts, some of which cost more than I paid for the TV. They finally decided they couldn't fix it and Toshiba is replacing it.

If it is actually starting, maybe that's an indication that the lamp is in the process of failing. Call Toshiba Customer Service and ask them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us