Rca scenium projector lamp

Anonymous

Hello Group,
Thanks for the informative posts, they have helped me greatly through a rough spot. I have owned an RCA Scenium, hdlp50w151yx, for 13 months and it recently died. It brought up the color wheel but not the lamp, made a buzzing noise then shut off the wheel and flashed the blue light over the control panel. It would then wait about a minute and then try again with the same result.

From a post on this forum, I found out this meant the projector lamp was probably out though the buzzing noise was not mentioned. I pulled the lamp assembly and sure enough, the lamp was definitely out -- broken glass tube in the center of a sealed reflector housing.

Being forewarned by the group, I affirmed the factory/service price to be in excess of $500 and only the lamp assembly (260962) is available, not the lamp. I tried to find the lamp alone but could not.

I then found an internet shop that sells a refurbished unit $408 with a $100 refund if I return my old assembly. I ordered and received the assembly today and it works fine and lamp seems to be an identical match to the factory unit. If anyone is interested, the site is express repair center, ercservice.com.

Next, using info from this board, I looked at the service menu and discovered that in 13 months we had logged 5249 hours on the lamp. This is because we are in the habit of turning the TV on in the morning and leaving it on all day to keep the parrot company when we are not around. I also had the lamp intensity set to bright. Needless to say, the parrot now has a clock radio for company and the lamp is set long life (preferences menu item).

I have 2 questions:

1) Does anyone know the V code to reset the lamp hours? I used the following posted by fx to get into the service menu:

On the TV itself, not on the remote: Press and hold MENU DN and either VOL DN or CH DN (depending on your exact model) for several seconds. Select SVC Alignment using the OK key on Remote Using the VOL Up button set the V to 90 and then press CH UP to view the Lamp Hours and Hours Plugged IN

(CH DN worked for me and it was Menu OK on the TV panel)

In fact, does anyone know a source of all the V codes?

2) Does anyone know a source for the lamp itself? I know the following:
UHP 120W 1.0
232-0243-00
made in Belgium
The reflector housing is 3 5/16" diameter, ~2 3/4" front to back of glass. There is a bolt on screw connection at the back with a standard nut and a threaded tap connector on the side. The assembly housing has a 2 wire connector installed. 3 metal keepers are installed around the lamp with small screw in fasteners. The fasteners are non-standard star looking things that don't respond well to flat or phillips screw drivers. There appears to be a flat glass lense in front of the reflector.

One last note, changing the assembly was very easy but be sure you put it all back together and tighten the screws before you turn it on -- the outside cover is interlocked. My addy is daleredford and sbcglobal.net is my provider if you have info or questions.

thanks for your help,
Dale

fx
Unregistered guest
Dale,

Thanks for crediting me for the service menu info. I have the two other V numbers that offer information at home. I'll try to post them tonight. However all that is available is a built-in alignment menu and one other thing I can't remember but I do remember that neither proved very useful.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us