Comcast DVI-D compatibility with Infocus 1M-DA

Username: Clayfield

Dallas, TX USA

Post Number: 1
HELP Please! I need some guidance on how to troubleshoot my DVI-D connection between my Comcast DCT-5100 STB and my Infocus 5700.

I have an Infocus SP 5700 projector (DLP) that requires a 1M-DA connector for DVI.
[Current Situation]
The component and S-Video work fine when connected to the STB at 1080i.
My problem is that my DVI-D cable does not show anything on the screen at any resolution 480i/480p/720i/720p/1080i. All of these work with component. Not sure if HDCP handshake error is occuring because nothing is on the screen.

[What I have tried]
I have tried connecting to my computers DVI-D port and IT WORKS, but at 1024x768 resolution??

**Admittedly I did not buy the $300 DVI-D to 1M-DA proprietary cable from Infocus.

Instead I bought a 10m DVI-D cable and a 1M-DA converter.

[Thoughts]
- I am at a loss of where to start troubleshooting. Since it works with my computer. Maybe that is false positive???

- Is 10M to long of a DVI-D cable?

I even had Comcast switch out the DCT-5100 to a DVR model. The firmware on both boxes was 7.15.

Any ideas or things I should try?
Any one else able to get a Infocus 1M-DA connections to work with Comcast STB?

fx
Unregistered guest
The 7.15 firmware IIRC does not support the HDCP handshake properly. I could be mistaken and it might have been the 7.12 firmware. Sorry but I'm not much help.

xvxvxvx

Username: Clayfield

Dallas, TX USA

Post Number: 2
Fx,
Thank you for the suggestion I will inquire with Comcast on that consideration?

One thing I noticed is that my DVI-D cable is DUAL link not SINGLE link. Any known issues with that for the DCT-5100?

I am calling Infocus also to find out compatability issues.

Kind Regards
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us