Question to Perrey Z.

Username: Haleirwin

Caracas, Caracas Venezuela

Post Number: 9
Perrey I have another question, I saw the european version of RZ-42PY11X and is different to my RZ-42PY11X version, for example internal menues is not the same, and european version have led in lateral of the panel. Is normal this? My model of RZ-42PY11X (colombian distribution use other chasis and Bios or menues?) Thanks a lot.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
These are all normal marketing tools use by LG and other companies to sort of customized their models for a specific market/region. There's a software modification {menues} therefore a new configuration must be assemble at the factory.

I'm not aware of any other differences between these units.

Post Number: 10
Thanks you Perrey. You are the Best. Thanks you so much for your help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Well , I saw other difference. The Resolution and refresh rates for PC conection are slighly different in european and colombian model.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Thank you., i'm glad i was able to help you.

I cannot elaborate further on this., i have limited access to the specifications for the European model.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks again Perrey. Well i'm worried , because I feel the posibility of mistake of LG about my model , I think is a RP with bad model identified sticker, I don't find any information about my model, and the specs I found is for Europe and my TV is not for Europe and not understand the reason for why comercialized RZ in Colombia or south america market.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
LG had a similar mistake in Canada with one of their 2003 or 2004 Micro Display DLPs., one model number with MANY mistakes and when the units needed service, which was very common on that series, LG acted out like no wrong was done on their part.

I remember it was nearly impossible to track the actual model number for service and spare parts.

Until this day that issue hasn't been fully resolve to satisfy the owners of thouse DLPs., they {LG} acknowledge their mistake but didn't do anything to resolve it. So at the end "Life wasn't so Good" for thouse people.

Another big issue was with specifications and the actual performance which weren't the same.

{"Life's Good" is their U.S. motto}

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Perrey , What can I do in this situation? Thanks.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Like i said., this incident was only in Canada and with 52" DLPs, not Plasmas, LCDs or Flat CRTs units.

When these flat panel TVs {anybrand} are assemble they have the model number and/or serial number written on factory labels in several parts inside before final assembly., if service is ever needed and you cannot establish the correct model number and you feel your unit got the wrong model number, the service center will have to use the number's inside the unit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks Perrey. Well, I wrote this morning to LG Panama and send de Sticker of the Plasma. I wait for the answer of LG about it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Perrey How do you know this model is a Colombian distribution? Thanks friend you are the best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us