Toshiba DLP Help please!!!

Username: Mkd23

Post Number: 2
I recently purchased a 52" Toshiba DLP and everytime I turn it off for a couple minutes afterwards the green lcd light blinks on and off just wondering if anyone knew what that meant? Also here lately if i watch tv for an extended amount of time and turn it off the next time i turn it on the tv has to restart itself a couple times to get it working again...let me know if anyone knows what the deal is????

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 140
The green LCD just indicates the fan is still running while the lamp cools down. I've never experienced the restart problem and I watch my set for hours at times.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Mike,

If you don't like the power saver mode you can turn it off via the menu (i.e. quick restart). The difference between that and a lamp problem is the red light is off and the green light blinks at 1 second interval in power save mode and the red light is on and the green light blinks at .3 second intervals if the lamp is having a problem.

Post Number: 3
Yea I have been using the quick restart...but here lately after i turn it off it shuts off pretty fast instead of a couple minutes after it cools down or whatever it does... and the next time i turn it on it had to restart it self two or three times then it runs good...i was just checking if you knew what caused this or if u think i should have it checked out? thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Mike,

Do you have the 84 or 94 series? I had a problem early on where the TVGOS would cause the TV to reset (it would cycle on and off repeatedly before the TV would turn on)and I would lose the guide listings. They have since resolved the problem. If you have the 94 series there is newer firmware out from Toshiba to correct some issues with TVGOS and cable cards. Mine has been working fine since the last update.

Post Number: 4
I have the 84 series...i turned off the quick restart to see if it helps...it messes up lately like if i play video games or watch a dvd and turn it off afterward the doesnt stay in standby mode it just turns off irregular i think and when i turn it on next time it restarts itself and works fine....just wondering if the restarts is normal or if something is messed up already?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us