Any word on the street about Toshiba DLPs?

G-Mon
Unregistered guest
Having apparently buried the Samsung lineup of DLPs, does anyone have any feedback on Toshibas? Their 52 inch would look pretty nice in my family room.

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 222
Ummm... not really!

Supposedly, if you believe their marketing hype, they've fixed all the problems inherent in DLP, with some new proprietary razzmatazz DLP technology. Whatever! I'm calling BS on that...

There's no law against lying!

G-Mon
Unregistered guest
So, Vin, am I to take it that you are not a big DLP fan? Is DLP inherently flawed, regardless of the manufacturer? Any insights are appreciated, as I am close to laying out 3 G's or so for one of these babies!

And while you are at it, would you recommend against buying from an online vendor (as opposed to a 'Big Box store')...their prices are so enticing!! Any internet-retailer horror stories?

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 142
I have the 62HMX94 and am totally pleased with the PQ with this set. I originally looked at the 52HMX94 but decided on the larger screen. Check out AVS Forum in the Rear Projection section for more feedback on these sets.

G-Mon
Unregistered guest
KDog,
Thanks for the info...I will check out that forum. Just curious: where did you buy your set? Online, or at a brick-and-mortar retailer?

Silver Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 223
"So, Vin, am I to take it that you are not a big DLP fan? Is DLP inherently flawed, regardless of the manufacturer? Any insights are appreciated, as I am close to laying out 3 G's or so for one of these babies!"

It sounds like you're a DLP fan, so let's just call it a draw...

I suppose you're into that buying phase where you've made up your mind on what to get, and you're simply looking for reasons NOT to buy it, at this point - hedging your bet, so to speak. That's what I do. Trying to talk you out of it is a waste of both our times...

If YOU like the looks of DLP, go for it. Personally, I cannot stand DLP, with the 'black crush', clay faces, dreaded rainbow effect, audio/video lag when playing games, and so forth, and so on. I've tried to talk myself into buying a DLP set many, many, times, as a second TV, just so I could come over here and bish about how I got screwed, but the 'gag reflex' always sets in - like starving on a desert island, holding my nose, and trying to swallow a piece of rotten meat, or something. I just can't do it. I'd rather die first...

Anyway, each to his own. Enjoy your Toshiba! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us