Samsung 'Watermark' issue part deux

Username: Tenaciousmv

Post Number: 1
Hello all. I just joined this forum after reading many helpful posts! I bought a Samsung 50" DLP back in May and I too have had problems with the 'blotches.' Like everyone else, they go away with slight pressure against the screen then come back in about a day. There was a great thread going on until late April and I can't find any further updates on what happened with everyones' situations. Does replacing the double layer screen with a single really hurt the picture quality?? Does it get rid of the blotches for good??

Here's the (archived) post for reference:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/110463.html

Thanks for any updates, and I'll be sure to keep you posted of my progress.

Mike

Post Number: 4
Nobody has an update? At all? Good news? Bad news?

I have no idea if/when I should replace my screen. (This is 'actuary2003@hotmail.com')

Bronze Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 68
I saw those posts a while back, but only two individuals thought they saw a degrade in the picture through the new single layer screen. Like you, I was looking for more information, then and now, but it seems to be a non-issue. The 63 series was the main line affected with only a very few of the 74 owners mentioning the problem. The new "R" series isn't affected and nobody is complaining about the quality of the images.

Post Number: 5
'FYI' - Thanks.
So I should get the new single layer screen? Anyone out there that got the single layer screen and is now 100% satisfied?

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 20
From what I have read, if you complain loud enough Samsung will give you the new HRL5067 at no extra charge. Try really complaining to Samsung directly. Couldn't hurt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us