OPDV971H firmware update

Bronze Member
Username: Urlacher

Post Number: 28
ok i have this Oppo player and it needs a firmware update. They recommend sending the unit to them to let them do the update but its sounds very very easy. I can get the CD from them. Does anyone have any experience with DVD players firmware updates? Is it easy as it sounds? Also this update corrects what they call "shimmering". What exactly is this? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1263
Updates are easy, you just put the disc in the player and do whatever they say to do to start the update.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
yeah it sounds that easy. Sound's like you have to be pretty unintelligent to mess it up.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigfan

Post Number: 94
David (and others): how do you like the performance of the Oppo? What kind of display do you use it with? I'm considering buying it, primarily based on the Secrets review, but I'd be interested in hearing a user's experience. The negatives I see are no progressive with component video, and no SACD (although can't quibble too much at that price). I have a Sony 34" HD CRT with one DVI input but may need that input for cable; I also may switch to a flat panel display at some point.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1274
I don't have one, I've done firmware updates on other stuff is all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I dont have a HD TV so I can't give you a review on its full potential but I like it and plan to have it for a long time. Their customer service is second to none. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 889
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=all &type=&manufacturer=68&maxprice=0&deInt=0&mpeg=0 Try here.

Username: Raved

Post Number: 4
Do not get the Oppo unless you plan to use DVI. It's component outputs are not up to snuff.

It's DVI output is excellent. However, it does suffer from the macroblock enhance bug of the Faroudja chip. If you are sensitive to macroblocking issues, this player may not be for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
just did the upgrade. It really wae as easy as it sounded. Maybe even easier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us