HELP! My coaxial input has broken off the back of my Tv!

Username: Angel

Post Number: 1
Help! My coaxial input has broken off the back of my Tv/VCR combo! How do I get cable now!! Someone please help!!! I dont have a lot of money but I need to do something fast any help would be greatfully appriciated!

Bronze Member
Username: Emkmd

Post Number: 47
A couple of thoughts. THe easy solution would be if the cable box and tv have composite inputs/outputs (red + white for audio, yellow for video). If the TV does not have these connections then your tv is probably toast. If the cable box does have these connections then you may be in luck. Radio Shack has advertised heavily a box that allows you to connect DVD players, video games to older sets without composite connections. In other words it converts the composite connections to coax. I wonder if they have a product that does the opposite and converts coax to composite. If you do not have a cable box then maybe you can get one.
As far as repairing the TV, that would probably be too expensive, in other words, better off buying a new set. Unless you can rig the tv and some how feed the coax into the broken input.
Good luck and let us know how it works out.
-E

j.j.
Unregistered guest
The coax input on most sets is part of the main board. If its broke then it probably broke off of the main board and the entire board would need to be replaced. Most if not all repair shops would deem it "cost of repair exceeds value of tv".

Username: Angel

Post Number: 2
My tv has a yellow video and a white audio connection in the front of it and yes the coils in the back of the main box are shot.

Jim Burke
Unregistered guest
Hello- I just cut the cable from the sattelite dish to the tv outside when trimming the grass.
I tried stripping and using a wire nut, and then an old double female connector .
Any quick fixes other than getting a whole new cable {have to go under the house, etc. ] Can be done but would prefer not.
Thank you for any help

Tech Support
Unregistered guest
angel: use the yellow and white from tv set. out put of catv box to input tv set.
jim:you can buy coax long enough to replace with fittings on already,or splice the two coax together(professionally done) or call service tech to repair. remember this is digital signal.

Unregistered guest
On my tv when you turn it on there are blueish white lines going across the screen. You can barely make out the television show. I have tried different cables and movies but that isn't the problem. So i think it is Tube. Can this be fixed or should i not worry about it and trash it?

Unregistered guest
Angel: I had the same thing happen with the female connector for my coax breaking off the tv. Did you have any luck repairing it?

Username: Casperom1

Post Number: 1
the cable connector on the back of my tv broke off and I took off the back panel and ther is a little box that is soldered on the main board! I was wondering if I desolder that box,can I get that part and solder it back on! then my problem would be solved.I just dont know How I would be able to get that part.The tv is a 36 inch ESA bought from Circuit city

wendy5
Unregistered guest
i live in a dorm and get basic cable.recently my RCA tv has a blue screen. i am not sure if there is something wrong with the tv or the coax? Can anyone help

Unregistered guest
The same thing happened to me! I am in a dorm too and have an Advent TV. You can kind of see the picture when you first turn it on, but within 5 seconds the screen is entirely blue.

Unregistered guest
my coax cable connector also broke off the back of my TV. I tried connecting it w/ RCA cables but it still isn't working. Any ideas or do I just need to bite the bullet and get a new TV?

SM97363452
Unregistered guest
If you take your coax cable and hook it up to a VCR then connect the VCR to the TV through composit connection I think you should be able to see your cable on tv if you use the tuner in the VCR.

Sweet Girl
Unregistered guest
Help! My coaxial input has broken off the back of my APEX 27 inch Falt Screen TV! How do I get cable now!! Someone please help!!! I dont have a lot of money but I need to do something fast any help would be greatfully appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 943
Read the post above yours. Sometimes they can be soldered back on and sometimes they can't, it's a pain to do, you won't be able to do it yourself unless you work on electronics.

Bronze Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 86
Do you have a STB? Does it have video outputs? if it does connect the video output from your STB to a video input on your Apex. Problem solved for the cost of video wires.

Sweet Girl
Unregistered guest
Thanks so much for the replies.

Unregistered guest
The coaxial input has broken off the back of my Philips TV. The TV can still play DVDs. I was wondering if I could watch cable using a VCR? If this will not work I was also wondering if I should get the coaxial input fixed for $75, since the TV cost only $130?

Abbey
Unregistered guest
The coaxial input on my TV has broken off too. Does the VCR trick work?

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 109
If your TV has video inputs and you can connect the connect the video/audio ouputs from your vcr to the video/audio inputs on your TV, if you can put your TV on the video input, if you can turn your VCR on and change channels with the VCR then yes this trick will work, if you answer no to any of these steps then it will not work, it is no trick it is a viable functioning hookup.

DaVinci
Unregistered guest
I thank Cableguy very much. It worked for me.

Silver Member

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 155
Cool, thanks for updating us. I've used this option over the past 19 years more times then I can remember, it's an easy solution, cost effective and user friendly.

SaraFTW-TX
Unregistered guest
Dumb-dumb-dumb ME THAT IS!
I think I just somehow blew my TV!
I don't have cable or satellite anymore. I was trying to rig an antenna (as before) for better reception and audio. I partially stripped the plastic from an old DC 6 cord and coiled the copper wires together and stuck it into the coaxial input - audio improved 100% but the picture did not come through. The TV automatically powered off. Now it will power on (when pwr button pushed) but powers right off. Could I have a small piece of copper in the input? Could this be self-correcting after "cooling" down.

Anonymous

My stinkin' cable box works but when I click on a channel to watch all that comes up is a black screen. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Smokin' Joe
Unregistered guest
The same thing happened to my box and I havn't figured the darn thing out yet either
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us