Plasma comparison: Pioneer Elite PRO-1120HD vs. Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY

Bronze Member
Username: David_nguyen

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 29
Has any one ever made a comparison of these two brands/models (both in 50" versions)? I am trying to decide between the two. I know the price difference is fairly drastic, but I'm always hearing that these are the two best models currently out there. Any thoughts?

JMR
Unregistered guest
I have. The Panisonic is much better in blacks. The Pioneer then to have more color punch. It is hard to do a comparison in a stor with all the lights. The Pioneer in a dark room has black that are more of a dark greay then black. I would get the panasonic.

smogdog
Unregistered guest
I looked at both,The Panasonic is much better overall. The panny is more expandable and versatile. I bought the Panasonic and I am very satisfied. The prices alone did the deal.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Cross your fingers that nothing goes wrong, but if you ever need service under warranty you'll need to carry-in the unit to the nearest authorized service center. Home service is not available with these 7UY pro series.

JMR
Unregistered guest
This is true. Not that hard to find a repair center. If your plasma goes on any brand chances are they will need to take it to shop. So yes it is a pain that you have take it yourself. Panasonic will ship you a new unit if you have a problem in the first 30 days.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
In my case it is., the nearest factory authorized service center is 2-counties away and is only for consumer products., that's one of the reasons i won't purchase one of the pro series.

It now seems that if you want home service you'll have to purchase one of thouse extended warranties like ViewSonic's own ViewCare which also offers in-home service.

But fortunately not every brand is like Panasonic, Philips offers in-home service under their regular warranty period., they'll send a technician to your home or business within 72-hours of calling, very reliable company.

Bronze Member
Username: David_nguyen

Boston, MA USA

Post Number: 30
The warranty issue is a biggie, one that I was not aware of until now. For those who own the Panasonic, have you ever had an issue with the set that had you wishing that you had at-house warranty coverage?

JMR
Unregistered guest
Perrey,I would do the same if it was that far to a repair center. You can buy some good afermarket policies that will do in home. Since they have to take the set most of the time I bet they try to do the fix in the shop and if they can't figure it out it would have to go to Panny.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
I'm turning away from the whole idea of having Plasma monitors with DISH 811 receivers has their tuners., it seems there's a lack of information from online dealers, after sale service and local product availability. I'll go with plasma TVs instead, they're widely available where, i can go and visit a Sears or Circuit City and if i like what i see, i'll do my shopping online.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us