New Panasonic DVD Recorder

Bronze Member
Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 12
I just purchased a new Panasonic DVD recorder, model DMR-ES10. A Panasonic dvd-ram disk came with it that works just fine. I purchased some Fujifilm dvd-r and -rw disks when I bought it. The -r disk work great. Problem is the dvd-rw disk will record for anywhere from an hour to as much as 2 hours then stop and display a msg. that an error has occurred, check disk. I've tried 3 different -rw disk and all have the same problem. Are Fuji -rw disk incompatible with Panasonic recorders ?
Thanks, Chuck

Astrid
Unregistered guest
Panasonic dvd recorders can only record on dvd-R or dvd Ram.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1259
The new recorders do RW too. Someone else here was saying Fuji RWs wouldn't work.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/140396.html

Terry Moran
Unregistered guest
Just to confirm that the Panasonic ES10 can record on -RW discs. I suggest that you format the disc first in the Recorder. If it still fails you have a duff disc. To be honest, I recommend sticking with RAM discs - much more flexible and not much dearer than -RW. Plus they look better !

Bronze Member
Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 16
Terry,
I agree, problem is ram disk will only play in a a very limited number of players (newer ones only) and my other 2 players will not play ram disks.
Chuck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us