Regarding the abilities of DV Camcorders

Unregistered guest
Here is the situation: I am starting anew in the digital world as a small time short film director. I shot my entire short film "Helmet" onto DV tape because it was reliable and convenient to edit without being too pricey. Now it is on DVD, and I have lost the hard copy of the film. I require the completely editted version of my film as well as a hard copy on Tuesday. The problem is that I can no longer edit with my current software unless I have the DV tape back. (Can't afford any new software.)

My question is this then, is there some way to record directly from my DVD player (very cheap unit) to my Sony DCR TRV22?

Any help, especially prompt help, is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 849
First try reading the camcorder manual. It should tell you about the input capabilities of your unit.

Unregistered guest
My manual has instructions for nothing. I have now searched all through it and found that I can watch my DV tapes on the tv (something I knew already). I simply do not know how to put DVD onto DV.

Thank you all the same. I shall try to find out whether or not my boss can take the stuff I have as is.

Unregistered guest
It is Wednessday, and the distributor has given me till next Tuesday to come up with something for the original tape.

Is there anyway that I can jimmy-rig anything that will transfer from my TV to my camcorder or even simply from my DVD directly to the DV? Please answer if you know of a way or even have a guess. If not, my actor and I shall have to shoot a new version of the film. Last time that took multiple weeks, and I have but a week

SpacemanSpiff
Unregistered guest
I don't know how to help you, but I have had a similar problem. Smaller scale though.

if anyone can help me, I hope to hook my dv camera up to the tv and record a slide show off of a disc that I put in my dvd player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us