Picture probmms with Toshiba rear projection

Username: Drr622

Post Number: 1
I have a Toshiba Theaterview rear projection TV that is about four years old. I turned it on today and the screen was bouncing up and down and the colors were not right. Then, the TV shuts off and the power button flashes off and on. I waited a while then it came back on with sound and no picture and shuts down again. What is up with that?

Ed. S.
Unregistered guest
I have a 5 yr old Toshiba 50"RPTV that lost its convergence yesterday. I was seeing everything in triplicate and 3 colours too and the TV would turn off just as you described. I called Toshiba Canada and will have an authorized repair dealer fix the tv. Estimated cost $400. But, it could be worse, I could have bought one of those dlp tv's whose lamp burns out every 6 months...

Anonymous

My Samsung DLP has the original lamp since purchased in Sept. 03. Still looks fabulous!

Sorry about your convergence problems, but your DLP statement is bogus.

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 18
Daughter has had Samsung DLP for almost two years and has done nothing but watch the great picture. No complaints that I know of (I mean about the TV of course).

Ed. S.
Unregistered guest
To the 2 lucky guys;
When I made the statement it was after reading about sooo many complaints made by unhappy owners of the dlp's or lc's or other formats. Me I'm not complaining, I felt bad about my tv until I read the other postings on this forum. That is what I based my statement on. But like the repair guy told me every format has its kinks/problems & they do not build them with the kind of quality they used to in the good old days...
It makes me jaded to hear about new technologies because I think they rush products to the market too fast & don't take care of the bugs properly in the systems. The make electronic products "disposable" and this leads to a great deal of consumer disappointment. If I knew covergence I.C.'s blow in RPTV's after 3 to 5 years I would not have bought one.

Ed electrician
Unregistered guest
Is that IC a STK 392-110? that blows? My 55" Toshiba has the red screwed up - age 4yrs 7mos. That IC is available at MCM for about $15. If thats the one, no wonder they have over 2000 in stock! There are two in my set. Also, press MUTE on the remote and release, press MUTE on remote and hold while you press MENU on the front of TV- an "S" appears on the screen. Pressing MENU/ENTER on the remote enters the Service menu. press 7 enters the convergence adjust screen. 5 selects/deselects the spot, the 2,4,6,8 keys move the grid spot. One of the other keys selects the color. Turn off the TV to exit. You can correct small convergence probs this way...Good Luck - Does anybody have the info on the rest of the service menu?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us