Fortec weirdness

smokin
Unregistered guest
My fortec ultras ( I have 2) both show that I am on sat 61.5 when I know I am aiming at 119. This is not that much of a problem as a satalite scan shows the channels for 119.

However , although both recievers are hooked up to the same dish ( dual DTV lnb) they don't have the same channel scan. One comes up with over 400 channels and the other only comes up with 221 channels. They are on different coax , one to the left side of lnb, one to the right. Other than that they are exactly the same. I have tried rescanning, no effect. What the heck is up.

Also, the sports PPV channel 455 doesn't appear on either of the recievers. Could a TP scan help?

Bronze Member
Username: P2b

Post Number: 19
Are you sure you don't have one IRD on 110 and the other on 119? Sounds as if your disecq switch lnb has the inputs coming from one of the lnb's and not receiving the other bird.

Post your findings so we can help out.

The P2b

smokin
Unregistered guest
Thanks Phade2black,

But no I don't have two LNBs, just a Direct TV two output LNB. I don't have a switch either as I have only two recievers and one satalite so no need .
In fact I should be able to hook up the second reciever from the out on the back of the first . That didn't work though, so I just ran another coax from the other side of the LNB. It's not two LNBs and it is definitely aimed at 119 only.
Any ideas? I did get the sports ppv by running power scan on one of the recievers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us