HD DVR - What are my options???

Username: Funkymint

Post Number: 1
Basically, I already pay for HD/DVR/High Speed

for an additional box, Cox is unreal and force you to pay for not the additional box, but pay for the DVR & HD service again. I think its total BS.

Are there any other options?? Splitting, Hack, Buying my own box.. etc??? Anything ??

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 173
I posted this link in another thread...option B

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_Display ProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=DHGHDD500&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tvhav_HD DVRs

at $999.99 it's not a cheap option, plus you'd need a CC to really get good use out of it, but it is an option. I don't work for Cox, so bear with me, are you saying they charge you not only for the additional STB, but also the services?? Man that's harsh. I could be wrong but you might want to check with your local cable commission and see if that's allowed. I know we don't do that here, so best to check with the powers that regulate in your area.

Username: Tmanxx

Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 8
I made this comment at another place, but if you have a spare computer, or put together something cheap, you can buy an ATI HDTV Wonder PCI HDTV tuner card. It also comes with an indoor Zenith antenna and has a second input for your coax. That card you should be able to find for <$150 and comes with PVR software.

Username: Westly197

Oceanside, CA USA

Post Number: 1
It's all true! Cox charges a PVR fee and a HD fee in addition to the box rental. The one of the fees is reduced by about $2 on the second unit.

Username: Johnd7

Post Number: 9
What do you mean? I called today and they said its a total of 18.95 for an HD-DVR and the HD service. Basically like 9 something for DVR and same for the HD service.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us