TV calibration

Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 4
I would like to get some opions on pro calibtation most people here talk about using DVE or one of the THX calibration set up on some DVDS.IS it the price of pro calibration [$300-500]or is it somehting else? Has anyone had there set calibtrated by a pro? Every article I have ever read in any review magazine has talked about calibration.

Bronze Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 17
For most people, calibrating using the DVE disc is more than adequate. People with older sets, especially CRT bigscreens, are the ones that will benefit the most by profesional calibration. If you have a newer micro-display (DLP,LCD, LCoS) then the DVE disc will be all you really need.

When you have your set profesionally calibrated, it involves more than what slapping in a calibration disc and adjusting the settings. The technician will actually go into the service menu and adjust the factory setpoints. If you get someone who doesn't know what they are doing, they can really mess up your set. If you do have your set professionally adjusted, make sure they will stand behind their work.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 16
I seem to be in the minority on the calibration issue. All tvs come from the factory sey up to compete with other tvs on a brightly lit sales floor. If I am a tv manufacturer I am going to set all my tvs too bright, too blue so they stand out from other sets. But when we get them home will will be watching them in much softer light setting. this is the main reason to get a proper set up from a pro. imagesciencefoundation.com

Bronze Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 88
I'm with HD Fanatic.

THX or DVE is adequate for DLP and LCD owners.

Casey, your link doesn't work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us