Need help with VHS/DVD recorder combo

Username: Hugs_tn

TN USA

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone,

I am trying to convert all of my VHS tapes to DVD and was discouraged when finding that a lot of them are Macrovisioned. I read a posting today that said you can not copy protected VHS with a combo unit. Is that true? If so, I am really discouraged.

I read several other posts on this site claiming that a stabilizer will work but I didn't know if that includes VHS/DVD combo machines or not.

I also read another posting on another site that said something about using an ancient VCR to bypass the encryption but I don't know if I can do that with a combo machine. I have an old VCR that I can use if anyone has any suggestions...

Please help if you have any info for me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1199
You can use the old VCR with a stabilizer in between that and the combo.

Unregistered guest
I have the LG RC1000 DVD/VCR both dvd recorder and a vcr recorder combi. How can I copy an unprotected dvd to the dvd recorder of the combi? In other words how do I hook up a dvd player to the combi to copy the dvd to dvd?
Thanks

Also what is a stabilizer in between the old vcr and the combo in the above question?

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 895
David, apparently you need to define "between" for Maryb.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1281
If the DVD isn't copy protected, just connect the player to the recorder with an s-video cable or RCA cables and set the recorder on whatever input you used. If you use an s-video cable, the best way, you need RCAs for audio too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us