Hdmi

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 44
i'm intrigued by all the dvi/hdmi talk. Sounds like it's a good deal if you are using a good dvd player and if not, just stick to component. But why would I want to send an audio signal to my tv from my dvd player if I have a pre/pro? Seems like a waste. And how would I get the audio signal back to my receiver from the tv. Is muting the tv sound the thing to do or is there a way I can program the dvd player not to send audio to the tv via the hdmi connection and only send it out via the digital connection? Sorry for my confused state of mind. Thanks for your help!

Unregistered guest
I bought a DVD Yamaha s2500. Plug a HDMI to DVI cable. With components or svhs the dvd works just fine but as soon as I plug the HDMI cable the DVD player will not respond. I cannot even open the tray. The only image I will see is the yamaha starting screen but cannot play anything. As soon as I unplug the HDMI cable everything goes back to normal. When movie is playing, if I plug the HDMI it will stop and I wont be able to play until I unplug the HDMI. Anyone can help me?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us