New digital cable box, no TV Guide

Username: Jim_favini

Post Number: 1
I had a reception problem with my old Comcast/Motorola digital cable box and I exchanged it for another box (another Motorola model). My Panasonic DMR e85H never had a problem with downloading the TV Guide with the old box. Now, with the new box, it isn't downloading the menu even though it is the same hardware connections. All I see is page after page of "no listings". The box sat as long as 20 hours with the DVD Recorder off and the cable box on trying to get the data. I do see it trying to find it because the channels are changing frequently.
I tried reprograming the TV Guide for the box with no success. Is there something that needs to be set on the Cable box setup to allow the E85H to get the listings?

PJTraynor
Unregistered guest
Jim I let my Sony sit talking to my Comcast Moto box for 20 hours with no success. However over the next few days it suddenly started working.

If you haven't done this already you may want to split your cable and run a direct feed into your TV from the wall and the second line into your Cable Box-to-DVR and then just watch the line that bypasses the cable box for a couple of days.

Leave your DVR off and the Cable Box on.
If you have the Cable box feeding into the DVR and your Panny has an IR blaster, do you see the Panny changing the channels looking for the EPG info?

Just my experience.......

NHow
Unregistered guest
Dump cable and switch to satellite. I did 3 years ago, have saved a ton of money and never regretted the decision.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us