Need help with faulty store bought tape

Username: Cooljoebay

Post Number: 1
I purchased a VHS movie at the store. When playing in my vcr I get bands of lines as if the tracking is off. If you hit forward search the picture seems to clear up alot until you return to normal play. I played the tape in my daughters vcr and it is the same. Our vcrs play all tapes fine. I tried adjusting the spindles? I also adjusted several other things mentioned on some sites but nothing altered the bands on the video(except forward cue). Is there any way to adjust the heads or anything to get this video to play? At least to try and copy it over on a good tape?

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: 4u2ges

Post Number: 19
Why would you want to destroy your perfectly working VCR while trying to play one no good tape? You probably should just return that tape to the place you bought it from and ask for replacement?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1186
Don't mess with alignment over 1 tape. If you get the alignment out, you'll have fun getting it back, if you ever do.

Post Number: 3
Well,

I purchased many miles away so returning it is out of the question but my VCR is 10 years old and I don't have the remote, also none of the universal will work with it(tried it many times). And since I am thinking of getting a combo I figure I would use some free time and try to make the tape work.

If you know of any way of getting it to work I would like to know, especially for knowledge sake.

;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1191
Is the tape LP or EP? If so those heads may be dirty.

Post Number: 4
SP

Gold Member

Post Number: 1196
Not much you can do except try another VCR, some are more forgiving than others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us