Screen Pinches, Bows, Pincushions alot!

Unregistered guest
Im sorry if this has been addressed previously, but ive been searching the forum for over 3 hours now, and i couldnt find anything.

I have a Pioneer 61" 4:3 Rear Projection TV.

Recently the screen image has begun shifting.

While watching TV or playing a game on it, it will flash and the screen size and geometry will shift. When this happens its as if someone grabbed all four corners of the picture and pulled them in opposite directions about 2-3 inches. This leaves me with an hourglass on its side shaped picture(the horizontal and verticle borders are bowed inward). Sometimes it will shift back and forth from the hourglass to normal, and sometimes it will stay one way or the other.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this? The TV is no longer under warranty, and Sears wants $150 just to come out and look at it. I wondered if a cleaning and aligning might fix this.

Thanks to anyone and everyone that can help to shed some light on this subject.

fx
Unregistered guest
Likely a bad power supply capacitor. Generally power supply problems are best left to qualified technicians. You might just have a lot of dust bunnies atop your power board. You can't harm anything by opening your unit up and blowing the dust off everything and it might save you an expensive service call.

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
Thanks fx. Ill check that out today, if i can find out how to get in there.... Any other possible ideas, agreements, or objections from anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us