HD Resolution

Anonymous

I am in the market for a new tv. I am considering an ED Plasma tv. I know what the difference is and I have seen one ED in particular that seems to beat the picture on some of the HD plasma sets.

The Panasonic ED shows a resoultion of 852 x 480.
Although there is a difference I would not say it is earth shattering between that and the HD picture at least not to me however when they get screens that show the full HD resolution of 1080 there could be a big difference in picture quality then although I am sure the price will reflect it.

Does anyone know how soon the sets will be able to display full HD resolution, I know there are already some 50 inch sets that supposedly have the capability. Will it only be the bigger screen sizes?

Any opinions on buying an ED plasma? I am looking at the Panasonic TX-42PD50U and the picture seems to be very good. I can buy one of them for actually less than most people can buy a 34 inch Sony XBR for. It is an authorized dealer and brand new in box with warranty.

Perrey Z.
Unregistered guest
Share with us the dealer and price!

I've seen this low-resolution model next to the high-resolution PX50U and during the 15-minutes or so side-by-side comparision, i could slighty notice the difference between them, both had HD contents feeds thru the component inputs. I was impressed with the good picture from the TH-42PD50U.

The thing i did notice was some minor screen door effect on what it appears to be visible "dots" on the PD50U. The screen door/dots effect is more noticeable on large EDTVs at a 6-ft. viewing distance when they're displaying HD content. But somehow on the Panasonic they weren't that visible, even at 2-ft distance.

Note: I'm in no way encoraging or discouraging you or anyone who read this to get or not to get a Panasonic EDTV or any EDTV., you might save a few dollars and yes, they might display HD but at a lower resolution than what will be consider satisfactory high resolution. {720p or 1080i} By Summer 2006 you'll see more HD programming than what is currently been offered, so why waste money on a low-res. unit?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us