Samsung TC2750SX

Username: Z24challenge

Post Number: 1
Hopefully I've posted in the right forum, if not I apologize.

TV: Samsung
Model #: TC2750SX
Serial #: 3CCB501456

My girlfriend and I just scored a 27" Samsung Stereo TV from the garbage.

The TV is in GREAT condition, sound and picture are awesome.

There is however one problem.

When you plug the unit in, then turn it on, the timer indicator light on the front flashes (Not sure how many times) and after a few minutes, which is usually about 5 minutes, the TV turns off.

My girlfriend unplugged the TV for about a minute, plugged it back in, turned it on, and pressed the timer button on the remote. It would then say to set the time and date. She did that, and pressed the timer button again, it then would say on/off time not set.

She would set the off time ONLY, and not set the on time. Then when the timer button on the remote is pressed, it would say TIMER OFF. After this, it worked all last night. I'd say it was on for 2 hours or so, we turned everything off to pick up a DVD player I had at my place, turned it all back on, and it worked fine.

We left the TV plugged in overnight, but turned off. When we went out this morning, it did the same thing.

I found a possible cure on one site which listed the symptom as:
NO POWER WITH THE RELAY ENERGIZED AND THE TIMER LIGHT IS BLINKING
The solution is listed as:
CHANGE C451 TO 47uF @ 25v (P/N 1637-205-4705V) AND R401 TO A 12k @ 2w (P/N 1049-103-8206)

Is this correct? There is no mention of the TV working then turning off. Also, once it turns off, when you try to turn it back on with the remote, or the power button on the TV, it clicks like it normally would when you turn it on, but no picture appears.

Hopefully this makes sense!

All help and suggestions are appreciated, I would definitely like to repair this if it's cost effective. If the fix involves altering the TVs appearance, that's fine, it'll only be used in the garage :-)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Post Number: 2
AH I knew I'd forget something.

The manufacture date is listed as May 1992.

The TV has 2 antenna inputs, hookups for 1 pair of external speakers with a switch that will only allow the external speakers, OR internal speakers to work at one time (Can't use both at the same time), and it also has 4-5 sets of Audio/Video plugs.

For a 1992 model, I'd say it's pretty nice!

Anyways, thanks again for any help & suggestions!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 808
My advice is to throw it back into the same garbage heap from which you retrieved it. Remember: garbage from garbage=garbage.

Post Number: 3
BESIDES throwing it out...

I was hoping to find ideas how to FIX the problem.

But thanks for the advice, however I'm going to pass on it.

Bronze Member
Username: 4u2ges

Post Number: 17
If there something is actually wrong with your TV (and I gathered there is), I suggest not to begin replacing parts and messing with circuits unless you are an experienced technician. Not only you may cause more damage but seriously injure yourself.

A do not think anyone at the forum can give you a definite answer to the question what is wrong with it and how to fix it. Speaking form the experience, even two look a like problems might be caused by completely different sets of failures. Have a pro look at it or get an estimate from a local repair shop.

A side note. So many people are posting questions related to their broken TVs and expect to get suggestion at the forum on how to fix them. Maybe there should be a section at the forum with the list of common symptoms for which no adjustment is possible and equipment must be professionally serviced as well as consequences of pocking under the hood: Upload

Post Number: 4
I appreciate your response 4u2ges.

I'm certainly not an experienced technician, however I do have a lot of experience soldering, and have a lot of information on circuits at my disposal, as well as a multimeter.

Had I not owned these tools, I wouldn't even consider it.

I do appreciate the fact that one or more component failures can cause similar, if not exact problems, and I hadn't thought of this beforehand. Which as I said, is why I'm not an experienced technician.

I was simply hoping someone had the same problem, which so far, is doesn't look like anyone has.

But thank you for taking the time to reply politely, I appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us