Westinghouse 37" 1080p for only $1899

Username: Holycow

Post Number: 1
i bought one today at eCost.com. i was amazed at how it beat the competition. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? how come it was only 1899 and is 37" with 1080p? i went onto sony and samsung's website and failed to find one with that high of a resolution with a contrast ratio of 1000:1. should i be expecting a POS?

Bronze Member
Username: Dyohn

Post Number: 14
It's a good panel and a good deal. Just make sure you know it is not a TV, it is a monitor (it has no tuner nor ability to upgrade to one.)

Username: Texasdeville

Post Number: 1
Yes, it is a monitor. I however prefer my displays without a tuner. It makes the price better and allows you freedom to put together your own system. I just bought one at BestBuy for $1,400 (in-store only). It looks amazing when I hook it up to my Dell inspiron 9300 via DVI.

Username: Agentxfile

Post Number: 9
Well yes and no that the "Westinghouse 37in. is not a tv.
It can be tv with an external source like a Tivo, ReplayTV, and/or a cable box.
So with one or more of those items, the answer is yes this "Westinghouse 37in." is a tv.
Towards the end of this year when/after I have paid off my Best Buy credit card I will be getting one of those "Westinghouse 37in. LCD tv".

agentxfile

Anonymous

here is what I think: instead of spending 3K on good 32' lcd or 40' plasma TV today, why not buy the Sony XBR CRT now for 1500 and in 3 years buy a 32' LCD TV for another 1500 - by that time the LCD TV will be as good as the CRT is today (or maybe even better), and the price will be 1/2 of what is today. So for 3k you will end up with 2 good tvs. Am I the only one that thinks rationaly here? Who cares that the CRT is 200 lb. Flat screen are only to impress housewifes... think about it: if you buy hifi components, will you buy the best looking amp or the large, ugly, better performing amp? This is a no-brainer to me...

Username: Agentxfile

Post Number: 10
I have been looking at Best Buy site and now I am thinking about getting this tv(RCA 50" Widescreen Digital Cable Ready DLP Rear-Projection HDTV w/HDMI Input - Model: HD50LPW164), it cost less then the "Westinghouse 37in. LCD tv" and it is bigger then it too.
Watching this tv(RCA 50" Widescreen Digital Cable Ready DLP Rear-Projection HDTV w/HDMI Input - Model: HD50LPW164) in a bedroom being only 6-8 feet away it will be like being in a movie theater and with my yamaha 5.1 surround sound system - OHHBOY!!!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6780389&type=product&productCatego ryId=cat03006&id=1089890234895

agentxfile
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us