JVC HD61Z585 61"

Username: Jagypster

New Bedford, MA USA

Post Number: 6
I think I posted this question in the wrong section. I currently have a Mitsubishi WD-62327 and had a thread on it with my problems. I am going to get rid of it since I aam within the 30 day time frame. I came across this JVC HD61Z585 and it blew me out of the water. The picture was sensational in high def and in analog/digital. I can pick it up for $2900.00 and wanted to know if anyone has this TV or had it and experienced good or bad things about it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Bestbuyguy

Post Number: 27
those TVs are awesome, they sell really well at our store, especially at their current selling price. Just make sure it was produced after October 04' Those TVs before that were recalled due to a chip problem during their early release. If I were to get one, pick up the one that's all black, I believe they have a Built-in HD Tuner, but if it were me, i'd pick up a sony 60xs955 if you can afford it, the color on that TV tears the JVC's color to shreads, although the JVC is like 30% brighter than the sony, and the white and black levels are alot more true on the JVC. In all my rambling, The JVC is the best choice for the money, but if you can spare it, the Sony is the best choice. And by the way, GOOD CHOICE on returning that Mitsu. BLAGH i hate that TV.

Username: Jagypster

New Bedford, MA USA

Post Number: 8
Thanks Jonathan! The budget (and the wife, he he) are going to keep me with the JVC. And black is what I did decide on too. I have always been a Sony fan, that is what my surround sound is actually, but the price tag on the TV's is always a little too much for my wallet. I really appreciate your input, it actually just helped me buy the TV. THANKS!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us