Wiring of Samsung HLR5067 and HD850/950 with Comcast HD box

Username: Hppygllmr

WA

Post Number: 2
The HLR only has one HDMI input. My HD cable box has a DVI or Component output and, depending on which DVD player I get, will have either a HDMI or DVI output. What's the best way to wire these to maximize my picture quality?

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 134
Use component for the cable box and HDMI for the upconverting DVD player. I assume this will be an upconverting player as those are the only ones with DVI or HDMI output.

Unregistered guest
The DVI is overrated in my opinion, I had my upconverting DVD player hooked up with it to my sammy DLP and it gives you a grainy picture, I think the Component cables are much better, even cheap ones. Try it out with both and see, and please let us know your opinion.

Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 10
I also stepped down from DVI/HDMI on my cable box to Component in favor of the HDMI to HDMI connection for my upconvert DVD player. I noticed no difference in the quality of my HD from my comcast HD/DVR (Motorola DCT6400) on the Samsung HLR 5067.
And before the bunghole that keeps hijacking threads responds to this one, I immediately saw rainbows, heard fan noise and decided to return my set and bought a Sony Projection LCD. What a dork.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us