Sony T.V./Problems with DVR

Anonymous

Ok, i will make this real simple & I really hope you smart folks can help me.
T.V.: Sony 36" HD KV-34HS420
DVR: Motorola DVR (Moxi Box)

Problem: I connected the Cable IN from the wall to the back of the IN on the DVR. I connected the cable OUT from the DVR to the back of my new T.V. I connected the HDMI cable on the DVR to the back of my T.V. I set the T.V. to channel 3 & the picture looks horrible as if there is some kind of interferance. Although if I change the channel to any other channel besides 3 it looks "OK" not great but "OK". Any help on getting a sharper picture with the DVR? Thanks!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 799
Anonymous. With HDMI input you do not-repeat,do not-put the tv on channel 3. Select the input to which the HDMI component is connected.

Anonymous

Dale, the display input is on #7 that is the HDMI number. When I move it to that input number all I get is a black screen =(. It's as if the DVR is not seeing the HDMI connector. Now when I put the TV on channel 3 I can see the DVR menu & picture but like I said it look horrible. =(

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 133
Anonymous, why do you have the coax and the HDMI connected to the TV? If you are using DVI>HDMI you don't need to the cable out from the STB to the display and you certainly don't need to worry about what channel the TV is on. You should be able to select the HDMI input for the TV and use the STB remote to select the channel. Is your display HDCP compliant? If not, you won't get a picture. If it is make sure the TV is turned on before connecting the STB cable to it so the handshake can take place.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us