Denon Dvd Player 2910 Problem

Username: Bigwavedave350

Mission Viejo, Ca U.S.A

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, My dad and I have encountered a problem with our Dvd Player, We have everything connected up properly, but the problem is, when we play a movie in 5.1 Surround, in Multi channel, the center speaker in the front plays, and the Two speakers in the rear play the Dialogue, and sounds terrible. Our stereo is a 7.1 Surround, with a pioneer Elite Television, and Pioneer Elite Receiver 56tx, and we originally thought the problem was with the receiver, but come to find out, it was the Dvd player, the company we bought this equipment from, is Magnolia Home theatere, In best buy. They recently came over with a pioneer Elite Dvd player, and we connected it up, and everything was perfect, the reciever was seperating properly, But the sound from it was not as good as the Denon 2910, so we currently are still looking for the cure, to why the dvd player would not seperate, if anyone has had similar problems, please, please respond back as soon as possible! Thanks

Don Luttermoser
Unregistered guest
Hello Mr. Giordano,

I suspect you may have bought a defective DVD player. See if the store where you bought it will replace it, then check with Denon, they have pretty good customer service. I have the older Denon DVD-2900 universal DVD model, and I have never experienced this problem, though I don't use my player in the manner that you do. I only use the RCA 5.1 multi-channel analog ports for SACD and DVD-Audio playing. I pass the audio from movie sound tracks through the digital optical port. I have a 6.1 Sony ES receiver and the DVD-Audio/SACDs sound great through the analog cables and the DTS audio from DVD movies through the digital optical line sound even better than the analog signal (due to the fact that the digital signal is not going through A-to-D converters). You may want to see if your movies sound better coming through the optical line, but I would return it no matter what.

Username: Bjay

Austin, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
Hello all,
I have just set up a Qualia 006 HDTV. The native resolution is 1920 x 1080 p. There are no problems so far and the pix and sound are great. Sony claims that the Qualia upconverts all inputs to 1080p. I am playing DVDs through the component output of an Hitachi progressive scan DVD player (with 480p output). Guess my question is, does anyone know if the Qualia will convert the 480p to 1080p. And even if it does, will my already great picture and audio improve if I input 1080p from a more sophisticated and capable DVD player? Thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us